Red discoloration of the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ displays upset buyers in Korea

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Some S8 phones have a red tinted display

if thats your logic, then the note 8 is a beta for the s9
Last year the Note 7 was a much more refined version, software & hardware wise, than the S7. That is where my statement derives from. It will be no different this year.

Sure, the S9 will improve over the Note 8, but it will not be a refinement in the way that it is from the S series to the Note series.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Every single release some people have slight Hues to their screens that not everyone has. And every year it turns out to be a non issue after the initial hype dies down.

BDHender

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Last year the Note 7 was a much more refined version, software & hardware wise, than the S7. That is where my statement derives from. It will be no different this year.

Sure, the S9 will improve over the Note 8, but it will not be a refinement in the way that it is from the S series to the Note series.

So how is that Note 7 working out for you now?

BDHender

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

So how is that Note 7 working out for you now?

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Why don't they test them before they send them out?

They do -- stuff happens once they leave that they didn't anticipate. Such as the Note 7 issue.. They never saw that after it was sent out. They wouldn't have sent them out if they did see it.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

They do -- stuff happens once they leave that they didn't anticipate. Such as the Note 7 issue.. They never saw that after it was sent out. They wouldn't have sent them out if they did see it.

Actually they saw it after the first recall, assured us they fixed the issue, and still had an issue in the second recall.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Actually they saw it after the first recall, assured us they fixed the issue, and still had an issue in the second recall.

Yeah and it got canceled... So I guess I am missing your point? I was simply saying that yes they do test these and sometimes the issues don't show up then.. If they did I am sure they wouldn't allow it to purposely go out like that.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Yeah and it got canceled... So I guess I am missing your point? I was simply saying that yes they do test these and sometimes the issues don't show up then.. If they did I am sure they wouldn't allow it to purposely go out like that.

My point is they knew there was an issue with the first recall, assured us they knew what the issue was and told us they fixed it, and it still exploded.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

My point is they knew there was an issue with the first recall, assured us they knew what the issue was and told us they fixed it, and it still exploded.
What does that have to do with what I said?

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

As I recall, it was the note and not the S7 that received the complaints about a screen that was too easily scratched.
OK, let's say the screen scratched to easily. That does not negate the fact that the Note 7 was a refined version of the S7 in several aspects.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I suppose the Note 7 was a beta test for safe batteries. Those of us getting the S8 thank you Note7 guys for improving the battery for us.
I don't know if it was because 2 threads were merged together or what. I was commenting to the thread that notefreak had created and I said it was "kind of like a beta" to him. I never said it was a beta, it was just a simple reference to what he said. It has now been taken out of context.

The debacle of the Note 7 is a totally different story and has nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Because they knew the issue was there, didn't fix it (even though they told us they did), and knowingly sent them out again.
Ah so you're saying they did it anyway. Well we can agree to disagree. I don't think they purposely knew the second time and did it anyway.. wouldn't make sense.