Red discoloration of the Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ displays upset buyers in Korea

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: Some S8 phones have a red tinted display

The S8 is kind of like a beta test for the Note 8. So we should be good to go by the time the Note 8 arrives.

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
This issue is also in the US models as well at my best buy store one of the S8 on display had this red tint around the edges

But the others didn't have this issues
So that tells me that some of the units
May be defective

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

Yay, had that on the Pixel XL, had to get it exchanged 3 times

goodintentions

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

We are with verizon. Since we're getting 2 of these critters, anyone know if we have this problem that we can just walk into a verizon store and exchange it?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

This isn't new. Issues happen and that's why warranties exist.

goodintentions

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site

This isn't new. Issues happen and that's why warranties exist.

Yup. Despite popular belief, some iphones also have issues just like everything else. My company gave me an iphone 6 a couple years ago and it would restart randomly even in the middle of a phone conversation. I complained last year so they replaced it with a 6s.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Your correct, it is not new. However, depending on the severity and how widespread it is, it could become an issue.

Very true.. But until then most are just trying to point out any flaw that may pop up. This isn't specific to Samsung.. It happens to all manufactures but I like to wait since lemons do happen.

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

Very true.. But until then most are just trying to point out any flaw that may pop up. This isn't specific to Samsung.. It happens to all manufactures but I like to wait since lemons do happen.
Agree 100%👍

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site

Yup. Despite popular belief, some iphones also have issues just like everything else. My company gave me an iphone 6 a couple years ago and it would restart randomly even in the middle of a phone conversation. I complained last year so they replaced it with a 6s.

Anyone who thinks that iPhones do not have issues has spent zero time over at macrumors

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site

It's like Russian Roulette with all of them. I had faulty Pixel phones...This S7 edge has been flawless.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Although Samsung has included the option to make color adjustments it still shouldn't be pink/red out of the box. Hopefully it's just an isolated incidence.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie