Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

ILowry82

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I purchased my phone through T-Mobile and registered for the offer last night. Approval was instantaneous and I ordered and payed for the $99 bundle

Fourskim

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
There must be a massive disconnect between the app / website / back end services. I hope you guys get worked through the system soon :(

Order.png

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
After 8 pages of this, I have one minor little question:

I've gone into the Shop Samsung app and worked through it, and it gives two options regarding which gift you want:

1. FREE Gear VR with Controller

2. Fully immersive VR experience for $99 (over $500 value)

So, are we all completely satisfied that "Fully immersive VR experience for $99" is indeed "the Bluetooth headphones and the 256GB MicroSD card?" I'm just a hair skeptical about that.

Yes, I completed mine on the website because I didn't have the app. I selected the $99 bundle gift and was approved but my approval email didn't have the payment link everyone else is getting. It seems that more people are having the same issue. 1×87 and I spoke to someone on chat and both reps said we will get another email with a payment link. Apparently Samsung is aware of the issue and they are working through it.

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I purchased my phone through T-Mobile and registered for the offer last night. Approval was instantaneous and I ordered and payed for the $99 bundle
Seems that a lot of people are getting through the process w/o a problem. I was told since I selected the $99 bundle that I was guaranteed to recieve the bundle. I have the entire transcript saved, just in case someone says I will not be able to get because they are out of stock.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
After waiting over 24hrs (last night @6pm) I finally got a confirmation email that's says to allow approx 2weeks for review and wait for an email with the next steps...? WTH?

LokiM

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
For those who are having trouble after submitting for the promotion: Try rebooting your phone.

My status said waiting for approval for seven hours. Then I rebooted the phone and relaunched the shop Samsung app. My status changed to approved, and I was able to order the bundle for $99. I then received the confirmation email immediately.

I'm not certain if it was coincidence or related to rebooting the phone, but I thought I would mention this because it can't hurt to try.

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
For those who are having trouble after submitting for the promotion: Try rebooting your phone.

My status said waiting for approval for seven hours. Then I rebooted the phone and relaunched the shop Samsung app. My status changed to approved, and I was able to order the bundle for $99. I then received the confirmation email immediately.

I'm not certain if it was coincidence or related to rebooting the phone, but I thought I would mention this because it can't hurt to try.

Rebooted but no luck. The status on my app said approved last night but now it says being reviewed. The website says approved and my gift is being sent. It's all screwed up but hopefully will be all straightened out soon. I'm hoping when the app says approved again it will then give me the payment link to pay for the $99 bundle.

champppy

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
My question after fixing the issue, is the bundle worth it... for me?

The Y50BT are good, but the earphones should be fine for me. I have a 64GB microSD card, curious if I should spend $99 essentially for the microSD card. hmm

cre8tivspirit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just for giggles I tried to register through the website but it tells me that my IMEI and MAC Address are ineligible. The app never asked for my MAC, just the IMEI. I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. I'm tired of stressing over this. If it works it works, if not, I at least have my awesome new phone and it's working great so far.

So it worked. I just got my email from Samsung with the "Buy Now" button. Made my purchase. Shipping info says it's going to be expedited shipping - 2 business days. Getting all that on Monday or Tuesday would be awesome.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
As someone who went through​ this last year with the S7 promotion, everyone should relax the company that runs it for Samsung did all this stuff last year and in the end it all worked out.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
As someone who went through​ this last year with the S7 promotion, everyone should relax the company that runs it for Samsung did all this stuff last year and in the end it all worked out.

Actually No my daughter registered for S2 watch but got Gear VR instead due to processing by said company.

And this is why I rushed to register for the $99 bundle as early as possible.

mvp2ny

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, registered late so I can't complain too much. My question is if they are out of the $99 promo. Will they still send the VR Gear if I selected the $99 promo. Status on the app: Registration under review.

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Yes. You are correct. The issue at hand is we aren't getting links to get that 99 dollar bundle.

Yeah, I've gathered that. I will go to Best Buy tomorrow and pick mine up (AT&T) -- I have visions of standing in line for an hour or more to get it. But once I get home and get it set up, I'll try my luck and report to the thread.

Thanks!

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Actually No my daughter registered for S2 watch but got Gear VR instead due to processing by said company.

And this is why I rushed to register for the $99 bundle as early as possible.
Ya I can't speak for everyone.. but I will say I meant more so that I'm not surprised about how it's going

Diet6

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Screenshot_SmartSelect_2017-04-20-18-34-48.jpg

Mine's been like this since yesterday. No email, I think the app is busted for me, and the website says invalid mac and all that. I've called them 3 times, 6 hours in total, each time I've talked to them I've gotten nowhere. Also tried the live chat, they can't do anything but look up stuff on the website so their "live support" is pretty much just human google.

Extremely frustrated at this point, worst customer experience ever.

dabolick12

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I got the email with the link also. When I click it, it takes me to a Samsung shopping cart with a message saying: The item could not be added to the cart. I guess they are all gone now. Bummer.

UPDATE: I got a second, second email. This time the link worked and I was able to purchase the $99 bundle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez