Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Thanks even though it's through the Samsung Shopping App that confirms to me that the submission I made didn't process properly thru the Webpage process. Because my email does not have that wording or buy link.

The original webpage that popped up with the BUY button was the one that was supposed to get the $99 VR Bundle purchased. At the time it wasn't working - some others have found this out as well.

Looks like the on device Samsung Shop App is the way to go.

I'm off to Samsung phone hell now to try and reverse what happened to me.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Did you purchase your phone from a carrier or Samsung direct?

For me it was Verizon Wireless online for 1 phone. I purchased a 2nd VZ phone from Samsung Direct and got the $99 bundle when I purchased the phone - no need to promo register.

i'm on Samsung Support waiting for 3rd agent - its been 1hr and 15 mins so far (insane).They always want to tell you to wait 24hrs for the system to update - I already did so I'm insisting that this be taken care of.

1st agent said they had known issue with webpage link not working properly - but then I got handed off before I could question her further. Yikes!!!

2nd agent really wasn't in the Promos department and kept telling me to register online (i already have for the 50th time!!!!!) - now I"m being transferred to the Promo dept (supposedly).

Samsung has really bungled this piece of the puzzle -

BOTTOMLINE TO ALL - DON'T USE DESKTOP/LAPTOP REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR THE $99 PROMO - USE THE SHOP SAMSUNG APP ON THE PURCHASED PHONE!

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
If I recall, Official Day One for S8/S8+ was stated as 04/21/2017 since this is 04/19/2017 perhaps we can allow some slack before we get critical? Just my opinion.

Cheers,
BR

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If I recall, Official Day One for S8/S8+ was stated as 04/21/2017 since this is 04/19/2017 perhaps we can allow some slack before we get critical? Just my opinion.

Cheers,
BR

The issue is these $99 bundles are "extremely limited" in quantity. So when they are gone - THEY ARE GONE and it won't matter if you registered 1st, middle or last.

Some are getting this $99 package immediately purchased and paid for - if you did not then you won't get it (IMHO). For those using webpage/desktop registration process the Buy process is broken.

eaglebane

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
Re: Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

confirm.png

As was said you will get an email soon after your registration is approved to purchase it.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 257207

As was said you will get an email soon after your registration is approved to purchase it.

I've been waiting 26 hours at this point - no email.

But here's what Samsung rep said (from PROMO dept) - I will get an email for purchase of the $99 offer. He could not say how long that would take. He "promised/guaranteed" I would get this offer. I asked for a confirmation - he gave my the "call record #".

All I can do now is wait - and wish I had started this process using the device app instead.

BTW - When did you register? how long to get confirmation email back? Did it look like I posted previously?

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't obvious how to register for it but once I contacted T-Force, they told me to got to Samsung (thought I would do it thru T Mobile). I like others downloaded the app and the longest part was getting a PDF of my receipt. Got the email approval within three minutes of submitting it. Seemed pretty easy.

I think I saw that they are offering 350k units, which frankly is not very many. I am not sure how many S7s they sold in the US but I think they sold well over 30 million worldwide, so, yeah, I wouldn't waste too much time.

eaglebane

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site

I registered as soon as i got the phone this afternoon through the Samsung Shop app. i did get that confirmation email. If you want the $99 you have to choose it in the app when you register or you will not get the buy now email.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I registered as soon as i got the phone this afternoon through the Samsung Shop app. i did get that confirmation email. If you want the $99 you have to choose it in the app when you register or you will not get the buy now email.

Wish Wish Wish that I had used the app and all this would have been mute! That's been the difference for those getting these emails (so far). Using desktop/laptop with web registration is not working so far.

hparsons

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I've been waiting 26 hours at this point - no email.

But here's what Samsung rep said (from PROMO dept) - I will get an email for purchase of the $99 offer. He could not say how long that would take. He "promised/guaranteed" I would get this offer. I asked for a confirmation - he gave my the "call record #".

All I can do now is wait - and wish I had started this process using the device app instead.

BTW - When did you register? how long to get confirmation email back? Did it look like I posted previously?

I didn't have much more luck with the app. I used it, and it went into "circle" "processing" limbo. I wasn't paying attention to how long it took, and my phone shutdown. I plugged it in, brought the app back up, and it says I'm already registered. But I wasn't prompted for a payment. As are you, I'm concerned about the limited quantity.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I didn't have much more luck with the app. I used it, and it went into "circle" "processing" limbo. I wasn't paying attention to how long it took, and my phone shutdown. I plugged it in, brought the app back up, and it says I'm already registered. But I wasn't prompted for a payment. As are you, I'm concerned about the limited quantity.

yeah and I just took 2hrs of time I won't get back for the CS to say "just wait" but at least I got a statement on the call record about all this. Of course, he could have just given me his dry cleaning ticket # for all I know - :D

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
This was much faster than the promos for the note 7. My immersive bundle is already ordered, awaiting shipping confirmation.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I used the Samsung shop app and it was super easy and quick.
f92a786e35d31a6a6b96050079bce50c.jpg

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded the Samsung Shop app, entered my information, took a picture of the invoice that AT&T sent me in my package, submitted, and I got the reply that it was approved. All's well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca