Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

aspruil

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
Registered mine yesterday. Did not get an immediate response, but registered, ordered via Android Shop app, received confirmation order was in, just waiting for shipping info. Hoping shipping is fast (days and not weeks)...

Rosethorne

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone and registered on the website on Tuesday. I did see the button to order the bundle, but it wasn't working. The 'registration is approved' e-mail came almost immediately. Since I've never gotten an e-mail to order the bundle, I'm pretty much assuming I have missed out due the website not functioning properly.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Deal's dead now, people. Hope you were able to get in. I didn't, but after hearing some people not liking their AKG Bluetooth headphones, I'll settle getting a 256GB microSD card at a later time.

oc1w6YmHnmtCqLbY0wXig_MUiXjPjps80rThDvE5vJU.png

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I got the "2 week review" email last night too. So of course when I checked my status it says "under review" with no option to buy the bundle on the web or in the app. My question now is, has anybody that received the "2 week review" email been approved yet?

I got the 2 week email last night, registered Wednesday night. I didn't get another email but I checked the app and it was approved. I was able to pay and checkout

certifiedkj

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried registering with the Shop Samsung app, but every time I chose the $99 bundle and submitted, it said "Oops, something went wrong with the fields" or something to that effect. I exit out the app, open it back up, now all that is available is the free gift. Sucks.

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Mine still says approved and gift sent. I'm just hoping their system is screwy. Getting the preorder stuff helped sway me to get the phone. Missing out on the better half of them will suck...

Theelite1×87.. Did you get your second email with the payment link?? Now the website says my gift (Just the VR and controller) will be shipped between 4/20 and 4/27. Im beginning to worry that I'm not going to get the $99 bundle since one poster has already posted a screenshot saying the $99 bundles are sold out. :(

williejr185

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I got the 2 week email last night, registered Wednesday night. I didn't get another email but I checked the app and it was approved. I was able to pay and checkout

How do you check your status on the app? I've only been able to check on the website. Anyway I checked on the website and it still says I'm currently under review so I guessed I missed it. Damn smh.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Such BS ill NEVER ORDER FROM BEST BUY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since they would not let them early LIKE EVERYONE ELSE by the time i got home and went to select the 99$ package it is sold out FU Best buy

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Theelite1×87.. Did you get your second email with the payment link?? Now the website says my gift (Just the VR and controller) will be shipped between 4/20 and 4/27. Im beginning to worry that I'm not going to get the $99 bundle since one poster has already posted a screenshot saying the $99 bundles are sold out. :(

Were you able to pay for the $99. bundle?
I finally got my email and paid yesterday.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I got my phone and registered on the website on Tuesday. I did see the button to order the bundle, but it wasn't working. The 'registration is approved' e-mail came almost immediately. Since I've never gotten an e-mail to order the bundle, I'm pretty much assuming I have missed out due the website not functioning properly.

Same boat as you 72 hours now and no email.

Magnamar

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Call 1-855-726-8721 follow the promps i just did it serms putting a po box in addy line was causing issues once it was removed by the rep on phone I got approved email and placed my order for the 99 bundle

Magnamar

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Call 1-855-726-8721 follow the promps i just did it serms putting a po box in addy line was causing issues once it was removed by the rep on phone I got approved email and placed my order for the 99 bundle just a fyi hold time to talk to someone is about 2 hours

Stickboy46#CB

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Such BS ill NEVER ORDER FROM BEST BUY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since they would not let them early LIKE EVERYONE ELSE by the time i got home and went to select the 99$ package it is sold out FU Best buy
Very few in store preorders were released early.

williejr185

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I just got an email saying they couldn't read the date on my receipt. So I had to resubmit. So much for the $99 bundle. At least I know now I can get still get something free.

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Very few in store preorders were released early.

Does not matter Best buy and Samsung should know everyone should have a level playing field. It is pretty sad to be 1st to pre order 1st to get into the store when they opened at 10AM (unlike normal stores that open at 8-9) run right home rush the phone loading up skip steps to get the Mac ID then see the top say sold out. I blame them both But Best Buy between opening at 10AM and not letting them go early due to lazyness with them and Samsung is the reason.

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Were you able to pay for the $99. bundle?
I finally got my email and paid yesterday.

No. I got an approval email but it only said for the VR and controller, and there wasnt a payment buttong, but I selected the option for $99 bundle. I chatted with a rep as well as theelite1×87 and both reps said we will get a second approval email with a payment link. Im so tired of this BS. The website says my claim was approved and the app said my claim was approved now the app says my claim is being reviewed. I'm on hold with the promotions dept, and I hope I don't get kicked out and disconnected like the last 3 times, I'm determined to talk to someone today about this issue and get my payment link.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084