Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
I just got an email that my registration was declined due to the following reasons: Your purchase receipt was not included in the image uploaded.

I preordered from Best Buy and received a confirmation email with the order date, the device, and my name on it.
I also received a receipt when I picked up the device showing the purchase through Verizon installment plan. It included the IEMI, my name, my phone number, yesterday's date (4/21/2017) and the phone name.

I submitted both. I have no other receipt to provide.

This is aggravating. I actually made it in before the cutoff and thought I had covered my bases by including both receipts and they are telling me neither is valid??

Add to that the complication that there was light bleeding through the two sensors on the right from the display and pink on the edge so I swapped out the phone last night. I thought everything was good and the display looked fine somehow at BB, but now I see pink around all the edges of the replacement. And my Verizon account seems to have two phones on it. smh

Turn the red down all the way in display settings, that should correct the pick around the edges.

Kalelfromkrypton

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
Re: Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

When I did it, it let me purchase more than one bundle at $99 each, so I went ahead and ordered 30,000 of them. Figure I can make a nice profit seeking them on eBay. Especially now that they seem to be sold out for some reason.

Hahaha. Nice try trolling lol.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone receive a tracking number yet for the $99. bundle?

Yes it's on my Fedex Delivery Manager delivery 4/25. Coming from Brightpoint Plainsfield, IN next door to Indy.

Same place my Samsung phone and other $99 bundle came from.

Of course delivery date likely will change because only the label is created and its not moving yet.

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Yes it's on my Fedex Delivery Manager delivery 4/25. Coming from Brightpoint Plainsfield, IN next door to Indy.

Same place my Samsung phone and other $99 bundle came from.

Of course delivery date likely will change because only the label is created and its not moving yet.

hhmorgan. Did you verify the time that shopping label was created? It was well before our $99 bundle issue was corrected.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
hhmorgan. Did you verify the time that shopping label was created? It was well before our $99 bundle issue was corrected.

It's was created yesterday at 6:38pm probably about 1hr after my call to CS and before payment was received.

My other phone was purchased direct from Samsung with $99 bundle. Same shipping center- they created shipping label on Wed 7:09pm but shipment didn't move for 24 hrs and package Delivery changed from 4/20 to 4/21. Actually Samsung missed their promise that you'll get your phone by 4/20. They are now giving out $50 ecertificateso due to the issues.

Of course some got the ecertificate automatically- I didn't so I'm asking for one.

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
It's was created yesterday at 6:38pm probably about 1hr after my call to CS and before payment was received.

My other phone was purchased direct from Samsung with $99 bundle. Same shipping center- they created shipping label on Wed 7:09pm but shipment didn't move for 24 hrs and package Delivery changed from 4/20 to 4/21. Actually Samsung missed their promise that you'll get your phone by 4/20. They are now giving out $50 ecertificateso due to the issues.

Of course some got the ecertificate automatically- I didn't so I'm asking for one.

So you already received one your $99 bundles?? Yes I would ask for the certificate if I were you as well. My shopping label was created at like 8am and it was for only 1.6 lbs and I think the $99 bundle will weigh a little more than that. That label was created for the VR with controller. They will probably have to create another label for $99 bundle.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
So you already received one your $99 bundles?? Yes I would ask for the certificate if I were you as well. My shopping label was created at like 8am and it was for only 1.6 lbs and I think the $99 bundle will weigh a little more than that. That label was created for the VR with controller. They will probably have to create another label for $99 bundle.

You know I hadn't looked at the weight. It's 1.6lbs so can't be $99 bundle. They must be shipping Gear VR, too.

My phone + $99 bundle was 6 lbs from Samsung. My phone only from Verizon was 2 lbs.

Looks like we are getting both unless shipment gets stopped.

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
You know I hadn't looked at the weight. It's 1.6lbs so can't be $99 bundle. They must be shipping Gear VR, too.

My phone + $99 bundle was 6 lbs from Samsung. My phone only from Verizon was 2 lbs.

Maybe we will get 2 VR's. As long as we get our $99 bundles. :)

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site

How long does it usually take for them the status to change from processing gift to gift sent?

novice97

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I received the "approved" email but when I tried to buy the $99 bundle in the app with Samsung Pay, somehow my payment got declined. When I tried to add the bundle in the cart again, it said the promotion code was invalid. Has this happened to anyone else?

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
No ship email yet. ~48 hours now. Would be nice if I could get a update email, whether it says it'll be a day, week, etc when i can expect it.

Ill wait til Monday before i contact support about it.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

This seems a very disingenuous preorder program with only 50,000 immersive packs being a comically tiny fraction of preorders. Very stupid on Samsung's behalf, considering the Note 7 double recall debacle. Not exactly goodwill for their customers giving them another chance.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

This seems a very disingenuous preorder program with only 50,000 immersive packs being a comically tiny fraction of preorders. Very stupid on Samsung's behalf, considering the Note 7 double recall debacle. Not exactly goodwill for their customers giving them another chance.

I don't know for sure. But I'm willing to bet that Samsung actually gifted more than 50,000 units of this promo offer. They were running registration from at least Tuesday into Friday before cutoff - can't believe that only 50,000 people registered over that period of time with all these phones being shipped. I think they could have had 50,000 registrations in a single day!

JIMHO

jymbeux

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
I pre ordered on 3/30 from Verizon and phone didn't get to me until 6pm on Friday, after the $99 promo was over. Feels like bait and switch, I didn't have a chance.

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I pre ordered on 3/30 from Verizon and phone didn't get to me until 6pm on Friday, after the $99 promo was over. Feels like bait and switch, I didn't have a chance.

Your pre order date is the date of purchase. So you are still good to order the $99 promo. Have you tried to order it? Download the Samsung Shop app. Register your phone with Samsung.....Register for the free VR stuff. Then you should get a chance to order the $99 bundle.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Question? Does the Fully Immersive Yadda, Yadda come with the Gear VR and controller and the extras? I bought said Gear VR and controller bundle from Best Buy with rewards certificates.

Backstory: I had bought the new headset with the type c connector when I got my Note 7, but I changed the connector back to the micro USB when I had to (sadly) give up the Note and go back to the S7 Edge. I have no idea what I did with the original connector, so I just gave the whole thing to a friend.

Soo, if I get the headset with the "Fully Immersive" box, I can just return my BB purchase which Fedex says will be delivered to tomorrow.

By the way, about ordering from Samsung. Make a snip or a screen shot of the receipt they give you when you complete the ordering process. If you look on the "My account > orders" page after you buy anything, you will be disturbed to find nothing. Samsung is really bad about updating that page, but your order is in there. Don't worry. Just keep your receipt and order number for your own piece of mind.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I got approved right away when I got my S8 on Wednesday using the app. When I got the S8+ on Saturday, I'm on the wait list now and I'm not even sure I'll be getting the VR... I used the app for both phone registration.