Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

Losi b

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
I received tracking yesterday and my cc was charged this am. Yeehaw, this is going to be my 1st vr experience. I can't wait until Tuesday.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
this is bull**** I ordered and I saw when I was charged which I think was a pre authorization charge. Now I don't see that hold anymore and I am still stuck in processing :mad: View attachment 258590
With people saying the holds Samsung put on your cards are disappearing, don't banks usualy remove holds automatically on their own after a set amount of time? Probably just the bank dropping the hold.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
So it seems EVERYONE posting are people who are waiting with bated breath for their $99 package that samsung seems to have a priority on. Anyone with just the normal package? After one rejection I called customer support and they said just to include the target pre order paper work. After 2 days I noticed the web site said accepted (but no emails this time) and now it is just on processing gift. I figure this will be the long wait part, but just wondering if anyone has been getting the normal VR package within a week or two of acceptance. I saw some people were given links to purchase from in the store but since I preselected the normal bundle ($99 was out of stock by the time I picked up my phone friday, hoping for some class action right here) so afaik they should have all the information they need to send it to me.

thomasbihn

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered through "Worst" Buy on 4/7, picked up and selected the $99 bundle early on 4/21 (earliest "Worst" Buy would allow) and went through two rejections before being approved, but unsure if it's still the $99 bundle or if I got downgraded. I'd be fine with them downgrading me at this point. I just don't want to end up buying two cards essentially. I'm kind of hoping I got downgraded. I'll be annoyed at the promo for running that way, but at least I'll have my answer.

LenHay

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
So it seems EVERYONE posting are people who are waiting with bated breath for their $99 package that samsung seems to have a priority on. Anyone with just the normal package? After one rejection I called customer support and they said just to include the target pre order paper work. After 2 days I noticed the web site said accepted (but no emails this time) and now it is just on processing gift. I figure this will be the long wait part, but just wondering if anyone has been getting the normal VR package within a week or two of acceptance. I saw some people were given links to purchase from in the store but since I preselected the normal bundle ($99 was out of stock by the time I picked up my phone friday, hoping for some class action right here) so afaik they should have all the information they need to send it to me.

I ordered the FREE VR and I got shipping confirmation Friday. I should be receiving it by 5/2.

LenHay

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
My story - I preordered my phones via AT&T (yes, I ordered two). I actually got them early - Wednesday 4/19. That same night, I went online to Samsungs promotions page and registered for both the paid VR and the free VR. One phone was accepted right away, the second - took a day for it to be accepted. Received the email on 4/20 to purchase the 99.00 bundle, purchased via SAMSUNG App. Got a confirmation email on 4/21. Waited for a week, never called Samsung just waited patiently for a confirmation shipping email. Received two - the free VR shipping email came on Thursday (4/27) night, the shipping email for the paid VR came on Friday (4/28). Since no delivery via Fedex is on the weekend, I am scheduled to received both VRs on Tuesday 5/1.

Why I am replying now - because I just saw there were these forums..hahaha and wanted to tell my version. Patience is a virtue. I am thinking...if you registered and got confirmation some time last week it was successful (either free or paid) you should be getting a shipping confirmation the following week. Have patience.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I registered and paid for $99 bundle on 19th. Received my package on 26th. Don't see any reason why everyone won't have it at least by Tuesday.

james702283

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Just an FYI: those that have paid well over a week ago and still have no tracking I would call the 1-855 #. I was able to get through to a helpful gentleman within 10 minutes who created an escalation ticket to the warehouse. Hopefully this will get this moving.

Kalelfromkrypton41581

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Just an FYI: those that have paid well over a week ago and still have no tracking I would call the 1-855 #. I was able to get through to a helpful gentleman within 10 minutes who created an escalation ticket to the warehouse. Hopefully this will get this moving.

I had an escalated email sent to the warehouse on Friday and still haven't heard anything. I'm hoping I'll get a tracking number on Monday but I honestly am not holding my breath.

athenatp

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I paid on 4/21 for my bundle. I am still in the 'Processing gift' mode without any shipping date. I am patiently waiting to see if I will get a shipping confirmation by the end of this week. Not sure how Samsung is going about how to send out these bundle....but I will give them time to complete my order.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I had an escalated email sent to the warehouse on Friday and still haven't heard anything. I'm hoping I'll get a tracking number on Monday but I honestly am not holding my breath.
Anytime I call I end up being in hold for over 45mins, and after that point something comes up and I can't stay on the line anymore. Anyone know the hours of this line? I'm thinking if I call early enough I might get someone on the line sooner.

8Gaia

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Anytime I call I end up being in hold for over 45mins, and after that point something comes up and I can't stay on the line anymore. Anyone know the hours of this line? I'm thinking if I call early enough I might get someone on the line sooner.

9 am to 9 pm Eastern Time.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Ordered Fully Immersive on 4/21, Infinitely Immersive went from "Gift Sent" backwards to "Approved." Fully Immersive order stuck on "Confirmed." Called them on Tuesday 4/25 and they said I should get a tracking number by Thursday 4/27. Nothing. Called again on 4/28 and now it's supposedly considered "escalated," and I could get my tracking number over the weekend. Sunday night, still nothing. Maybe Monday morning 5/1 we can escalate the escalation.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: Registration for "immersive Gear VR experience for $99" - How did it Go

Finally used the VR today and found that it's not for me. Nothing of interest at the Oculus store for me so I'm going to sell the vr unit. I'll be putting it up cheap in the for sale forum in the next few days.

c00lgoose

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Ordered Fully Immersive on 4/21, Infinitely Immersive went from "Gift Sent" backwards to "Approved." Fully Immersive order stuck on "Confirmed." Called them on Tuesday 4/25 and they said I should get a tracking number by Thursday 4/27. Nothing. Called again on 4/28 and now it's supposedly considered "escalated," and I could get my tracking number over the weekend. Sunday night, still nothing. Maybe Monday morning 5/1 we can escalate the escalation.

same situation except that I ordered on 4/23. :( I hope you hear something soon.

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
same situation except that I ordered on 4/23. :( I hope you hear something soon.

Well, I called exactly at 9AM this morning and was on hold for a grand total of 30 seconds before someone picked up. Surprising.

The rep told me that they are looking feverishly to get all of these orders out this week and that, specifically, I should be getting my bundle no later than Wednesday, and to expect an email saying that it shipped no later than later today or tomorrow morning.

I asked if there would be any compensation for this delay and he also offered me a $50 Samsung eCertificate via email. I should be expecting that email also sometime today.

Got a third escalation ticket number, so I'm hopeful but I'll let these ticket numbers pile up, and while it's nice to get a $50 certificate, I supposed it would've been too much to ask for a partial refund of $50. At least I'll be able to get that USB-C-to-HDMI converter or that S8+ keyboard case I really wanted to try.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol