Battery life-MY real life day

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
S8+

Just a brief description of the type of user i am.

1. I'm not a gamer. I played some Mario run today but that was it.

2. I use QHD screen with brightness on 100%

3. Heavy Facebook and AC user.

4. I use YouTube ALOT

5. I would be considered a heavy user.

This morning at 8:05 am I was at full charge. It is now 8:35 pm and I'm on 36%. I'm very pleased.

Last edited:

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Are you using an S8 or S8 plus? And are you using an Exynos Processor or Snap Dragon? Carrier?

Sounds like good day.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Wow! That's great! All good things to consider when thinking about getting a new phone. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
So with more power saving on the S7E you would get about the same battery life as the S8+ with QHD and screen set to 100%?

Nice!!

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
So with more power saving on the S7E you would get about the same battery life as the S8+ with QHD and screen set to 100%?

Nice!!
Well I paid attention to Every detail of my use yesterday but I admittedly did not do it with the s7. I believe I used the phone as I always do but you never know.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Need to know SOT to try to quantify the relevance of 36% left. Also if in good signal areas, since next to the display, radio reception in weak areas is the next battery drainer on the list. Games are not the only battery draining apps, but point is not enough info to quantify 36% :)

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
Need to know SOT to try to quantify the relevance of 36% left. Also if in good signal areas, since next to the display, radio reception in weak areas is the next battery drainer on the list. Games are not the only battery draining apps, but point is not enough info to quantify 36% :)

I just basically wrote about my experience and how long it lasts for my use. I'm just your average user who only goes so deep into the why a battery lasts a certain time frame. I have no idea how to measure screen on time as i'm not timing how much i turn it on but I was on it A LOT.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
S8 plus on T-Mobile. Sitting at 40 percent left with screen on time of nearly 5hrs. No gaming. Screen resolution set to QHD (did this first thing). Screen brightness set to auto but I've been indoors all day so it's been sitting more toward the low end. So far very impressed.

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I just basically wrote about my experience and how long it lasts for my use. I'm just your average user who only goes so deep into the why a battery lasts a certain time frame. I have no idea how to measure screen on time as i'm not timing how much i turn it on but I was on it A LOT.
You go to settings and battery, usage, screen. It will show on time.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I easily get 7 hours plus sot. With my v20 I could maybe squeeze 6 on wifi all day. Definitely the best battery life I've seen in a phone so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.