AT&T Galaxy S8 Case free

Edgar5

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I'm probably going to called out for this (sorry moderators), I couldn't find appropriate thread.

I just wanted to get everyone's opinion for going case free. Knock on wood, I've been able to go case free all of my phones and have only dropped and cracked my current phone that whole time.

My reasoning is why get a sleek, beautiful phone if I can't show it off. But I feel like these phones are slippery. And easy to drop.

So I want to try DBrand which is just a skin. But I wanted to see if any of you have tried it or if you had a better suggestion.

Thank you in advance! Happy s8 week!

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
No way am I not putting a case on an $850 phone. My Note 4 has been saved multiple times by the Otterbox Commuter I have on it so I ordered the same for my S8+.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
While I agree that the S8/S8+ are awesome looking devices, I am not willing to risk destroying my S8+. Just my preference, feel free to go caseless if you want.. :)

Cheers,
BR

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've used the naked wraps from slick wraps in the past. Similar to dbrand, but clear. They make great products, but their customer service is awful if you have any kinds of problems. I don't really like cases either. Haven't decided what I'm gonna do with my s8+ yet. I swore I'd never order from slick wraps again after the problems I had the last 2 times I ordered from them.

I'm probably going to called out for this (sorry moderators), I couldn't find appropriate thread.

I just wanted to get everyone's opinion for going case free. Knock on wood, I've been able to go case free all of my phones and have only dropped and cracked my current phone that whole time.

My reasoning is why get a sleek, beautiful phone if I can't show it off. But I feel like these phones are slippery. And easy to drop.

So I want to try DBrand which is just a skin. But I wanted to see if any of you have tried it or if you had a better suggestion.

Thank you in advance! Happy s8 week!

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I've already got two Spigen Cases and an Otterbox Commuter on order. Having young kids, as much as I hate cases, I don't want to take the risk of them getting ahold of my device and dropping it. I usually go with the slimmest fitting clear Spigen case I can find and keep the Otterbox on hand for vacations, etc.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Another good option would be peel which is as thick as four sheets of paper. It is super thin and provides better grip then naked. Not sure if it is made for the s8 though.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Another good option would be peel which is as thick as four sheets of paper. It is super thin and provides better grip then naked. Not sure if it is made for the s8 though.
Currently Peel is iPhone and Pixel only. I saw a couple similarly made cases on Amazon for the S8+, but they weren't brands I've ever heard of.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I'll use cases for majority of the time but at home and places where there isn't much chance of damage I'll take off the case. Trying to have the best of the both worlds. Been using the G6 like that and man that G6 feels so good in the hand. I believe the S8+ will be the same.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Currently Peel is iPhone and Pixel only. I saw a couple similarly made cases on Amazon for the S8+, but they weren't brands I've ever heard of.

Hopefully they will make it for the s8 in the future.

I try to avoid no name cases as they tend to be sub par quality

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
This phone certainly needs a case for a grip. S7 Edge is already slippery and S8 is no exception.

That said, I hear you and totally OK if YOU want to go naked :)

Edgar5

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Thank you all for the great Info! Also I promise not to cry about it if I crack the screen. It'll only be my own fault. Lol.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Ghost Armor may be an option. I learned my lesson by letting a phone go commando when I dropped and nicked it. This is the first smartphone that I did not get at the two year contract price so I am definitely putting a case on it. When I sell it, it will be pristine and get more for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol