I'm on the edge about returning it........

I might get the S8+..... I'm not sure yet....
    At first I thought the same thing just because I believe it's a keeper and if it is I might as well upgrade to the bigger one. But now, I'm pretty content on what I chose. I've said it over and over...I plan on using the $100 I saved towards the Note 8.
    DaBlackman619 likes this.
    04-20-2017 06:06 PM
    No way. I am loving my s8+ a lot, except for the reddish screen although I'm not sure if it's my eyes playing games and psychologically believing it because of reading so many people talk about it
    04-20-2017 07:35 PM
    I am enjoying the s8 I have so far. I don't love the fps. Because of the position I don't always get my finger on it just right which results in an incorrect scan. I hope this will improve once I get used to it
    Ca_lvn likes this.
    04-20-2017 09:47 PM
    Yeah, i'm with you. I believe my S6 Edge + was the greatest phone Sammy ever made, and i skipped the S7 due to that. But after the Note 7 problems and seeing how they devoted their entire company to the design of S8 Plus i had some pretty high expectations of it and got mine Wednesday. While it is a beautiful device to be sure, it didn't really give me that "wow factor" over my beautiful (& still pristine) that my S6 Edge+ does, and the new touchwiz (to me) was a real downer, wayyyyy to Google-ly & Apple-esque for my liking. The RIDICULOUS 2 tier clock (hour on top, minutes under it) on the lock screen drove me bonkers in just the day & 1/2 i owned it....

Great device that i am SURE will not disaapoint too many, but for me, since i purchase device outright, the 900+ price tag including tax just seemed like throwing away money. With my 4GB Ram S6 Edge+, i didn't notice ANY speed difference whatsoever, and battery seemed same, so i decided to just mosey off into the sunset with her & my beautiful Frontier LTE watch : )

Who's Returning there S8-S8+-s6-watch.jpg

BTC
    EMGSM and freddyttt like this.
    04-21-2017 06:09 AM
    Odd. iPhones are awful at my work yet my Android phones have been great.
    Android, or samsung android. i ask because when i had the Note 7 i also noted that the cell reception was poor (compared to my 6+) and folks on here responded that it was a known samsung issue.

That being said so far with my S8 plus so far i have a very consistent 3 bars at my work.
    04-21-2017 06:56 AM
    S8+ is amazing and a nice upgrade from my Note 5. It's a keeper.
    04-21-2017 08:14 AM
    The WiFi on my S8+ is better than my Pixel XL and my friends crapple 7 phone.

I have gigabit Internet at home:

S8+ 500/500
    Pixel XL 300/300
    crapple 250/250

This is about 20 feet away from my ASUS AC88 router.
    04-21-2017 08:15 AM
    Android, or samsung android. i ask because when i had the Note 7 i also noted that the cell reception was poor (compared to my 6+) and folks on here responded that it was a known samsung issue.

That being said so far with my S8 plus so far i have a very consistent 3 bars at my work.
    Samsung, Google, LG, etc.

Also don't look at bars. Bars mean nothing when comparing it from phone to phone since each phone has different ways of displaying signal. You could have the same signal but one phone shows 4/5 bars and the other shows 2/5.

Always check the -dBm signal within the settings for the true phone signal.
    sangs likes this.
    04-21-2017 10:14 AM
    The WiFi on my S8+ is better than my Pixel XL and my friends crapple 7 phone.

I have gigabit Internet at home:

S8+ 500/500
    Pixel XL 300/300
    crapple 250/250

This is about 20 feet away from my ASUS AC88 router.
    No big difference here, on 300 up and down with FiOS:

S8+ -- 323/330
    7+ -- 328/322
    04-21-2017 10:26 AM
    I've never once used the fingerprint scanner on any phone that had the capability. I find it to be a waste of time. As far as the height of the phone goes. The screen is 6.2", what are you expecting?
    Tahoe916, T48 and sergysn like this.
    04-21-2017 11:21 AM
    Amazing... Had the S6E, the S7E, the iPhone 6+, and even the LG V10 and the 8S Plus is by far the fastest and most accurate FPS I've used. I don't love the placement but the iris scanner is so great that it rarely matters. Only thing I miss about my S7E is being able to unlock it while it's flat on the desk.
    Double tap the home button and you can use a pattern.
    04-21-2017 11:51 AM
    I might be but only to exchange it for another S8+....one that hopefully doesn't have a red tint.
    04-21-2017 12:21 PM
    No red tint on mine! I will say this seems smoother than the Note 7 I owned. Not as much lag! Overall a lot easier typing on it than the S7 edge I had.

I will say if I still had the Note 7 I wouldn't have bought the S8 Plus because the S8 isn't much difference except the newer processor and the Note has the Spen and I would have just waited for the Note 8. Note 7 and S8 Plus are equals IMO. S8 has a couple newer features but the Note 7 makes up with the Spen to even it out.
    04-21-2017 12:28 PM
    I've never once used the fingerprint scanner on any phone that had the capability. I find it to be a waste of time. As far as the height of the phone goes. The screen is 6.2", what are you expecting?
    Funny how everybody wants to come in here and trash the OP for posting this . . If you're happy and not returning yours then this post isn't for you and you can move along without comment . . .
    04-21-2017 12:45 PM
    Their, not there
    jdfry15, jshah500, revtech and 2 others like this.
    04-21-2017 12:47 PM
    I might be but only to exchange it for another S8+....one that hopefully doesn't have a red tint.
    There was something maybe on youtube about it last night that it is a possible software fix? May not have to exchange it. But they did not go into detail how to fix it for those that may the issue.
    04-21-2017 12:53 PM
    OP here, I had pre-ordered the S8+ but canceled, purchased the S7 and the Gear S3 instead, this thread was opened early too see some objective and bias opinions on this new phone, it looks like a wonderful flagship.
    And as all new phones there are always some issues
    04-21-2017 01:06 PM
    I have the s8 with little red tint at the edges.Will return it and swap with the s8+!
    04-21-2017 03:21 PM
    I'm thinking about returning it. While it's a nice phone, for my purposes, it's not a huge improvement over the S6. And, the fingerprint thing is already driving me nuts. Not only is it in a horrible position, but it's not very accurate. Major fail.
    I laughed out loud when I read this comment! Damn, what do you classify as a "huge improvement". It's an upgrade over the S7, S7 Edge and Note 7 minus the S-pen. How could it not be an upgrade over the S6, LOL.
    04-21-2017 03:55 PM
    Not looking to start an opinion war, which is silly cuz you'll never find 10 ppl who agree on anything these days, but i can chime in here : )

He/she didn't say its NOT an "improvement" just not a HUGE one. You have to remember S6 Edge+ ALSO has 4GB of RAM, so opening & closing of apps is buttery smooth and the battery life is definitely "comparable" to S8+. Camera on S6 Edge+ is also stellar, (altho those Snapchat like features were GREAT : ) but the 6.9 mm feel in hand is UNLIKE any phone i have ever held. And if your a fan of the older version of Touchwiz (which i am) you find navigation, "a breeze" whereas Samsung's new "minimalistic O/S" not so much.

By no means am i saying S6 Edge + is better, obviously a phone that is almost 2 years old is NOT going to compete and WIN with a brandy new Flagship, but when i read you "laughed out loud" i had to pipe in that its reasonable to feel that there just ISN'T enough there IF u already have a GREAT phone thats running GREAT (and that's paid) off vs buying a brand new one and forking over almost 900 bucks for it....

I sent mine back this afternoon, and when i got home the cases & skin i had ordered for it were here. For about a second i was like, "awww, this would've helped cover that greasy after one second mess" (that drove me crazy in just the 2 days i owned it) and when i picked up my S6E+ to snap a pic of it (that is MORE than up to the task) i DID experience a momentary pang of "what mighta been" but after i looked at the great quality pic my S6E+ took, i'm like, "yeah, we're good here" : )

BTCWho's Returning there S8-S8+-20170421_162057.jpg
    The Phone Company and Ca_lvn like this.
    04-21-2017 04:34 PM
    I wish I had the plus but still keeping it. Going to London and Africa in 12 days and this will be my media device. Already loaded 300 movies and tv shows to the sd card.
    04-21-2017 05:04 PM
    I decided to not even pick mine up. Got a call from Target an hour or so ago and told the guy to go ahead and give it to someone else. I think I'm going to stick to mid-range phones with great battery life. I'll take a peak at the Note 8, but it would really need to be something special to justify the price.
    04-21-2017 05:13 PM
    I won't be returning .. but exchanging. I have a dead pixel in the middle of the screen. Going to best buy in an hour or so after work to start that process.
    04-21-2017 05:45 PM
    I down grated from a IPhone 7+ to the S7 and really enjoy the phone camera, screen quality overall experience and surprisingly the smaller size it's easy to carry and the screen is large enough to read easy, personally I like a flat screen.
    I'm a 100% happy with my choice and for way less than 1k well maby for the N8 well see
    04-21-2017 05:52 PM
    Taking the phone back to AT&T tomorrow for an exchange or a return.

I've been dealing with the red screen issue despite changing the RGB settings to mute red. Still, after changing the settings, a faint red line still exists at the top and bottom of the screen.

I launched the MLB app to watch a game and the colors aren't nearly as rich as they were on my S7e and there's a pink tint to the video. I reverted the RGB settings to stock and it made no difference.

At this point I'm not waiting for a software update that may or may not come. I have 10 days to return my perfectly S7e, which I was happy with. I only upgraded because my newly wed wife needed to join my plan and we took advantage of the BOGO deal.

I'm terribly disappointed with my experience and had such high expectations for the Infinity display. Perhaps I'll give the phone another try after some time passes.
    Ca_lvn likes this.
    04-21-2017 06:41 PM
57 123