Who's Returning there S8-S8+

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Well I know we're all excited to get our phones but with all the discussion on possible dislikes like display/finger print scanner, size height???
Who is returning and why?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If anyone returns their phone for a reason you listed, that's ridiculous. People need to either do their homework more or just not be a compulsive shopper.

Crimsonforce

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
There's only 2 things that could make me return the device and I don't think either will be an issue:

1. Cell reception where I work. I have Verizon and my iPhone 6S Plus gets good reception here. If for whatever reason the S8 doesn't that would be a deal breaker.

2. Camera - specifically recording video. Most sample videos I've seen shows some jitters or frame wiggle when panning across wide areas. My iPhone 6S Plus is perfectly smooth in this regard. I'm sure the S8 takes better still pictures than the iPhone 6S Plus but I take a lot of videos and if I can't record smooth videos with the S8 that'd be a deal breaker also.

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the 8, havent received it yet but thinking I should have order the plus. any regrets for the regular 8?

anon(7901790)

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I ordered the 8, havent received it yet but thinking I should have order the plus. any regrets for the regular 8?
More S8+s were sold than S8s. I think it's because they line the bigger screen but not much bigger size. That seems to be what many have said in posts and reviews.

ol_jackburton

Trusted Member
Feb 12, 2017
Visit site
There's only 2 things that could make me return the device and I don't think either will be an issue:

1. Cell reception where I work. I have Verizon and my iPhone 6S Plus gets good reception here. If for whatever reason the S8 doesn't that would be a deal breaker.

2. Camera - specifically recording video. Most sample videos I've seen shows some jitters or frame wiggle when panning across wide areas. My iPhone 6S Plus is perfectly smooth in this regard. I'm sure the S8 takes better still pictures than the iPhone 6S Plus but I take a lot of videos and if I can't record smooth videos with the S8 that'd be a deal breaker also.
Cell reception may get you, my iPhone gets better reception then the note 7 i had and i expect the S8 will be the same.

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Since having my S8+ in my hands last night ...... with only a little sleep this morning ...... I have yet to see any reasons why I should return it

The FPS sucks big time with my little hands but I'll be using the iris scanner which has been great.

The screen size and ratio has been wonderful and enjoyable while watching various YouTube, Netflix and ummm " other stuff " last night and this morning

No issues either with pink or red hues on my screen as reported from other folks ?!

Loving , loving this phone so far !!!!

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Cell reception may get you, my iPhone gets better reception then the note 7 i had and i expect the S8 will be the same.

There was another review site last fall that was comparing the S7 to the iP7. The S7 had better reception & they showed it in the video via actual dbm. The weird part is they went back in & edited that few seconds out the next day.
Also over at the imore forums, there were a lot of complaints about reception at release. My point is not to bash one or the other, it is not the intent. Just more curious if the software tweaks & updates are more important to reception than the hardware?

FrostyGTA

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I probably should've just gone with the 8+ but I've had my 8 since yesterday and it's definitely a good phone. The screen is really really nice and it's definitely faster than my old S6 Edge Plus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63