For those who have the phones how is the Samsung UI

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm not changing the launcher just yet. So far today the phone has been very smooth I have been using It for about the past five hours

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I liked it quite a bit. I usually use Nova, but so far the only thing I really miss about it is the greater customization of the persistent app tray at the bottom. Samsung's skin only allows 5 icons, plus folders, which may actually be a Google limitation, as I do not know. But I do miss that part of Nova Launcher, enough that it will probably force me to install and use Nova Prime again.

Still, the Samsung TouchWiz is actually pretty nice so far

Jazzamuffin

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I liked it quite a bit. I usually use Nova, but so far the only thing I really miss about it is the greater customization of the persistent app tray at the bottom. Samsung's skin only allows 5 icons, plus folders, which may actually be a Google limitation, as I do not know. But I do miss that part of Nova Launcher, enough that it will probably force me to install and use Nova Prime again.

Still, the Samsung TouchWiz is actually pretty nice so far

I am looking forward to checking it out

jamesrick80

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Probably one of the smoothest UIs and most sophisticated yet simple and elegant that I have ever used....its not ugly or basic like ios 10 or vanilla nougat

rdcrds

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
So has anyone put Nova on there phone yet? I never used it but have not got my phone yet so do you still like stock? or have you went to Nova

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
It's meh...it's not GN7 I can tell you that.
I'm going to give it a chance for the week, but so far I'm about to go back to one of my other phones.
My Mate9, Note4 or IP7P.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm shocked at how snappy this is. Samsung hasn't received enough credit from reviewers on their software optimization. You can blatantly tell Samsung paid attention to the software this time. Even the animations are creative and smooth. Usually I turn the animations down.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Is the Samsung Experience worth sticking with as opposed to any other launcher?

Absolutely. If you've watched any of the videos on the site or elsewhere, you'll see how toned down the UI design is. That translates to the performance, too. It's very fluid and that's coming from a guy who just spent the last 2 months primarily on the Pixel.

By the way, thanks for calling it what it is---Samsung Experience UI. TouchWiz is dead.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
So has anyone put Nova on there phone yet? I never used it but have not got my phone yet so do you still like stock? or have you went to Nova
I just setup nova yesterday. So far adjusted the icon sizes and will probably get custom icons later today.
a8cfebd7f7815c2cb7374c64b3d4f2b2.jpg

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The stock launcher was fine and I may give it another whirl but I switched to Nova Prime to get it set up. Still going through all of the settings.

gpatrick15

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm keeping it. I never changed it out on my note 7 either. Conversely, I couldn't stand the V20 launcher. So I moved over to Nova after maybe a day or so of using it.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Does TouchWiz have gestures?. With that taller screen I know I'm going to want the swipe down to open notification bar. I'm not holding my breath that using the FPS is going to be a easy way to do it.