Best texting app for S8 plus?

Highrisedrifter

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Coming from an Apple device, where we don't get this choice unless jailbroken, I have been scouring Google for the 'Best Android replacement to <app>' all day! :D

I shall look at Textra if the standard app is a bust.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I used textra on my v20 as the stock choice was Google messages and I'm not a fan. Samsung's stock messaging app is pretty good. I've always stuck with stock on my Samsung phones. Now that I've used textra I may switch back.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I used to use Textra until I found this one called "Pulse." I love it because you can text from any device or PC as well. I'm sticking with Pulse

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Me too. I love being able to archive messages that aren't relevant at the moment, yet still there and can understand the context if someone texts me. I wish all apps had that.

Unfortunately Google messages wasn't playing nice. Had to default to Sammy app to get mms messages to go though. 😥😣

cipo81

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I use Google Messages primarily because I am able to send GIF's (Clearly for business purposes lol). Any word on Samsung app having this ability now?

justafew

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I've tried so many different sms apps and always come back to Textra. Hands down the cleanest, most customizable and it just works. So many of the others have issues with MMS or notifications or it's always some little nag that Textra just never has issues with. And the support!! I give them a freaking Gold star for their support - they are always so prompt to reply and help.

jackal24

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I use Google Messages primarily because I am able to send GIF's (Clearly for business purposes lol). Any word on Samsung app having this ability now?
I looked but couldn't find it. That's why I use Textra. Wish I could use the Samsung version because it works better with my watch

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol