05-21-2017 11:13 PM
235 12345 ...
tools
    No red here.
    04-20-2017 10:33 PM
    I could be the reflection.. or this post has me seeing red.. but i do notice a tint of red.
    with that being said.. one person stated it could be the reflection of the curved screen.
    when i took a screen shot and looked at it on my computer I didn't see it. Can anyone confirm this?
    Here is my screenshot.
    those that have the S8, anyone seeing Red?-screenshot_20170420-230954.jpg
    04-21-2017 01:15 AM
    So, mine has a red tint out of the box. I went into the color balance settings and adjusted the red all the way down. I still see somewhat of a red tint but it's no where near as bad as it was when I first turned it on. Here are some comparison photos I took against my LG V20. Both screens are at max brightness.

Before:
    those that have the S8, anyone seeing Red?-oqmb10s.jpg

After:
    those that have the S8, anyone seeing Red?-plfu4p6.jpg
    04-21-2017 02:36 AM
    I turned the red setting all the way down and its still red along the edges. If I hold it at the right angle you can see it all over the screen too.
    Yeah same here if I change the angle more of the screen turns red. The color seems to change a lot more when looking at it from various angles compared to the LG v20 and the note 7
    04-21-2017 03:20 AM
    When I set up my S8+ I adjusted the red all the way down and forgot about it. If I slide the red all the way to the right my entire screen is way too pink for my taste. When its all the way to the left and the blue and green are all the way to the right it looks fine. Samsung definitely screwed up the default color of the screen.
    04-21-2017 05:24 AM
    Here is an article for you to check out. Samsung is going to be pushing a software update to try to fix this.

http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...roblem-766058/
    04-21-2017 05:59 AM
    None here.
    04-21-2017 06:06 AM
    Weird for me... AOD has a pinkish tint; everything else is fine. And yes I have AOD set to white. You can only change the clock tint. But both the clock, notifications and date etc. are pink. I can't take a screenshot of the AOD. Other than that love the phone. The home key takes some getting used to.
    04-21-2017 07:10 AM
    very small amount of folks truly have the issue.

no red here
    04-21-2017 07:14 AM
    The software update might just be a bandaid from some of the things I've read, and it won't help the people with uneven tint. Chaulk it up to 'new'.... It's a new display panel tech, and that comes with risks. Even though it might affect a small percentage of users, with the amount of phones Samsung will sell, a small percentage could still turn out to be a LOT of phones. And its something Samsung should, and will, resolve properly.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. If your display is reddish, get it swapped out. Whatever it is, I am sure Samsung will be working to address this on newer units, and in a month or so, this will be done with. It's just a bit of an embarrassment more than anything else.. After the Note 7 dumpster fire, any little misstep gets amplified.
    04-21-2017 07:44 AM
    S8+ - Verizon - Silver - Screen is GOOD (No red tint)
    04-21-2017 08:19 AM
    I can see reddish tint on the right side of them screenshots
    04-21-2017 08:21 AM
    04-21-2017 09:59 AM
    It took six (!) S6 Edge phones for me to get two that didn't glow when turned off, or that would actually put the screen into the proper orientation when the phone was rotated.

Given that luck, I'm supremely confident that most if not all of the four S8/S8+ phones that I am picking up today will have blazing red displays.
    04-21-2017 10:29 AM
    It took six (!) S6 Edge phones for me to get two that didn't glow when turned off, or that would actually put the screen into the proper orientation when the phone was rotated.

Given that luck, I'm supremely confident that most if not all of the four S8/S8+ phones that I am picking up today will have blazing red displays.
    Haha can you let us know?
    04-21-2017 01:57 PM
    Mine has a pinkish tint visible on everything that should be white now. Going progressively pinker, especially in the upper left hand corner. Weird thing is when I do a screen print, it's not there.
    04-21-2017 03:06 PM
    Well mine is red mainly on the outer left corner I'm sending it back to Samsung next week if we don't get the software update fix this is bull**** I spent $900 out of my pocket like most of us did for this damn phone and it's junk and quite frankly I feel it's unacceptable I call Samsung and he said the only thing I can do is send the phone back for refund will take 10 the seven to 10 days to get my money back
    The Phone Company likes this.
    04-21-2017 03:51 PM
    Just came from local Best Buy. Both demos of S8 and S8+ had very pink displays. Not just on the edges, I mean the entire display was pink. Being a demo, they had display settings locked out. The Samsung rep saw me playing with the phones and came over. He immediately jumped on the defensive and said next week's software update will fix it. I told him I doubted you can fix a hardware problem with an update. He became more defensive and swore that they could. I told him that I will return next week and if he can show me an updated phone with a perfectly white screen I'll think about it. Good luck, Samsung.
    04-21-2017 04:02 PM
    Just came from local Best Buy. Both demos of S8 and S8+ had very pink displays. Not just on the edges, I mean the entire display was pink. Being a demo, they had display settings locked out. The Samsung rep saw me playing with the phones and came over. He immediately jumped on the defensive and said next week's software update will fix it. I told him I doubted you can fix a hardware problem with an update. He became more defensive and swore that they could. I told him that I will return next week and if he can show me an updated phone with a perfectly white screen I'll think about it. Good luck, Samsung.
    I think the the phones with all red screens will be able to be fixed. Mine had red at different angles and turning down the red fixed it but not around the edges. I'm also now wondering if it's more blue now but have no way of testing. I don't think turning down red all the way, even if it gets rid of the red tint, is a good solution.
    Pretty crappy situation overall.
    04-21-2017 04:26 PM
    Comparing this screen to my S7E, it definitely is not as good when viewing from angle. It turns redish the more you tilt and just not as bright. However, it really doesn't bother me.
    04-21-2017 04:35 PM
    Yeah mine isn't that bad but when I turn down the red it doesn't do anything for the edges... I'm just wondering if I should waste time going to Verizon if they even have to exchange right now... I showed my gf and she hardly notices it and thinks I'm overreacting but it's driving me crazy lol
    Since limited time to return I would report it right away. Maybe they will take it and send another right away.
    04-21-2017 04:44 PM
    Here is an article for you to check out. Samsung is going to be pushing a software update to try to fix this.

http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...roblem-766058/
    My concern would be some folks don't have the issue at all. These software "fixes" never seem to arrive.

Samsung should save the pink screens to sell to Apple for the iPhone 8!
    04-21-2017 04:48 PM
    04-21-2017 04:49 PM
    I had an S8+ on preorder and canceled it and went with an LG G6. Glad I did after seeing this issue.
    04-21-2017 04:53 PM
    Why do you doubt that it can be fixed via software?? The software controls the color, tint, etc. I see no reason why a software update can't fix it.
    04-21-2017 05:03 PM
235 12345 ...