Is there a way to change the clock on the lock screen on the S8?

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Can you you be more clearer on this? I don't know what you mean...
As for the weather app, the hubby has the Weatherbug and I'll see if having the notification on helps or not.

Go to settings/lock screen and security/information and face widgets and set roaming clock on

aerowolf35

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Go to Settings...Lock screen and security...Information and FaceWidgets...Contact and Information. You can type in something here and it will show up underneath a horizontal clock. If you don't want anything to show up but still want the horizontal clock, just put in one space and no other text.

aerowolf35

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
Sorry guys...last post I entered does not work. I had a notification that I didn't notice and that caused the clock to display horizontally. Once I cleared that the clock wentg back tto stacked. ??????

Darin Loken

Apr 30, 2017
Visit site
I took this VERY bad pic of my phone. It has the all time display on, and as you can see, barely, it has the time and day on top of an icon I uploaded, with a quote below it. I just went to settings, then to Lock screen and Security, and then I clicked on the words, "Always on Display", NOT the toggle switch, but the actual words. Then it took me to the next page where you get a selection of clocks you can use, even a clock and a calendar, or no clock on the face and just having the info on the side screen. Or like I did, up load your own picture and have the clock info on top of it, and a quote below it if you want a quote. You might need the latest upgrade for this, not sure, if it doesn't work, try going to settings, then down to system updates and see if there's and update for your phone.

Attachments

• phone2.JPG
    phone2.JPG
    441 KB · Views: 51

JimA

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Seems to me someone with the ability to make themes could make some $ here. Make a stock theme but with the lock screen clock perpetually horizontal. Oh well. It doesn't bother me because I long press the home button to bypass the lock screen. BUT I KNOW it's there haha.

rongotti

May 4, 2017
Visit site
Seems to me someone with the ability to make themes could make some $ here. Make a stock theme but with the lock screen clock perpetually horizontal. Oh well. It doesn't bother me because I long press the home button to bypass the lock screen. BUT I KNOW it's there haha.
My thoughts as well! I wish I was more tech savvy and could give it a go haha

leeroyy

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
There are quite a few themes that do this. I'm using Santana 4 round now. Changed wallpapers and icons. Clock does not go vertical. Also simple black by aire works.

dpadams6

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
This is how the clock looks when you have notifications. It goes back to being stacked when they are cleared.

@ZOMMBIE1 Thanks for the theme suggestion. I'm new to Samsung and didn't know this existed. Some (but not all) of them do indeed replace the clock.
Yup... Weird looking without notifications.... Normal looking when there are notifications on lock screen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674