Is there a way to change the clock on the lock screen on the S8?

A

AC Question

I'm new to Samsung but I want to change the clock layout on the lock screen. Is there a way to do that?

socaldglf

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm new to Samsung but I want to change the clock layout on the lock screen. Is there a way to do that?

Yes - Settings (I usually pull down the top banner and click settings in the top right) >> Lock screen and security >> Always on display

There are only a few to select from, but you can also download more from the app store.

I hope this helps.

CAN

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, same issue here. It's possible to change the always on clock, but I want to change the lock screen clock. The one you see AFTER the always on display clock. I don't care for the default one.

CapaneusPrime

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yes - Settings (I usually pull down the top banner and click settings in the top right) >> Lock screen and security >> Always on display

There are only a few to select from, but you can also download more from the app store.

I hope this helps.

CAN

This is an incorrect answer.

This will change the always on display clock. But if you press the power button the lock screen appears with the default clock.

Source: I have an S8 in my hand.

ChromeShark

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
You can swap out the whole lock screen, but there doesn't seem to be a way to just change the clock style.

I hope Samsung add the choices from the Always on screen to the lock screen.

D_zee315

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
You can swap out the whole lock screen, but there doesn't seem to be a way to just change the clock style.

I hope Samsung add the choices from the Always on screen to the lock screen.

They have a couple of clock styles to choose from.

"Settings" > "Lock Screen and Security" > TAP the "Always On Display" (like the words, not the switch) > TAP "Digital Clock" (or the other clock styles if you want analog or something) > on the bottom left there's "Clock Styles" which give 4 different digital clock styles to choose from.

Or you can choose the other clock styles outside of the digital clock section.

I just did this on my S8+ right now.

Ageeb

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site

"Settings" > "Lock Screen and Security" > TAP the "Always On Display" (like the words, not the switch) > TAP "Digital Clock" (or the other clock styles if you want analog or something) > on the bottom left there's "Clock Styles" which give 4 different digital clock styles to choose from.

That's not the lock screen... You're referring to the AoD screen.
Press your power button when you see that screen to view your lock screen.

Jwilson198

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site

Omg lifesaver!!!! Tysm! I was able to successfully change the layout of my lock screen clock! This was an eye sore to look at. Not how a clock should ever look! Thank you once again for this reliable information! I can now go to sleep and wake up look in at a normal displayed clock on my lock screen!!!

Laurence Miller

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
There are 3 screens being discussed in this thread but the question only refers to 1 one them. Let's define the screens this thread concerns so we can make progress.

Screen 1: Always On

Screen 2: Lock Screen

Screen 3: Home Screen

I think everyone has figured out how to change the always on clock type.

BUT, what many of us are having trouble with is the clock type on Screen 2.

If anyone knows how to make this change please share.

Thank you.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
My thing is... Does anyone actually spend time on the lock screen? My always on display is always on. Lol. I press power or home and facial recognition almost instantly unlocks the phone. So why so much bother about it? (this is a question, not a judgment.)

ZOMMBIE1

Trusted Member
May 24, 2015
Visit site
There are 3 screens being discussed in this thread but the question only refers to 1 one them. Let's define the screens this thread concerns so we can make progress.

Screen 1: Always On

Screen 2: Lock Screen

Screen 3: Home Screen

I think everyone has figured out how to change the always on clock type.

BUT, what many of us are having trouble with is the clock type on Screen 2.

If anyone knows how to make this change please share.

Thank you.

Only way to have a different clock on the lock screen is to get a different theme from the theme store.

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
My thing is... Does anyone actually spend time on the lock screen? My always on display is always on. Lol. I press power or home and facial recognition almost instantly unlocks the phone. So why so much bother about it? (this is a question, not a judgment.)

People that don't use Always On Display, facial recognition or Iris Scanner. I don't mind how the clock looks on the lock screen but it would be nice to change it.

I use the fingerprint scanner to unlock my phone because I use Samsung Pay for all my purchases plus a few other apps.

Thiscrapsucks35

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I've tried selecting a theme with a different lock screen clock, but it always gives me that stacked clock on my lock screen regardless of theme.

ChromeShark

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude