Is smart lock working right for everyone?

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I have smart lock set to not require iris unlock while at home. It worked yesterday but I've been home for 5hrs now and it still wants to scan my iris or pin each tone. Location services are on.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Try opening something like maps to force a GPS ping. See if it works right after it does that.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I also have smart lock set for home but I still have to either use iris scan or fps every time I turn on the phone.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I did that and it initially worked. But I set phone down and came back 5mins later and it wants to scan or get pin again. If it's going to be this annoying at home I'll just disable lock screen security until they fix it

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Not having the issue you seem to be. Have you double checked that your Home location is turned on in the Smart Lock settings?

physicsguy

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. It was working at first, but for the last day it doesn't stay unlocked at home (location on, Smart Lock setting on)

Extremevl

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
It works perfectly when it connects to my car's Bluetooth but I haven't used it at home, when you're at home I assume it unlocks when it connects to your WI-FI network or a smartwatch?

Last edited:

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I have mine set to my G3. When I go to bed at night, my phone stays on the opposite side of the house (breaking the bluetooth connection with my watch). When I use my phone in the morning, it requires that I unlock it (using iris scanner) just like it is supposed to. During the day (when it is within the range of my G3), it stays unlocked (according to plan).

cajun456

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I could never get the smart lock to work with my location. Not just the S8, it was the same with my S7 and S6 Active. It works great with Bluetooth devices.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Not having any issues with both trusted places and trusted device. Have my home WiFi as trusted places, gear S3 and car Bluetooth as trusted device and they work as expected without any issues.

YMarkY

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I posted a thread on this earlier (sorry mods, you can merge). I can't get Smart Lock to work at home or when I'm connected via Bluetooth to my truck. My S7 Edge never worked either. This "feature" seems to have a ton of issues.

YMarkY

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I just downloaded and installed TDM (Trusted Device Manager) from the Playstore. Trusted WiFi is working on my phone. Better than "location".

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I have mine set to my G3. When I go to bed at night, my phone stays on the opposite side of the house (breaking the bluetooth connection with my watch). When I use my phone in the morning, it requires that I unlock it (using iris scanner) just like it is supposed to. During the day (when it is within the range of my G3), it stays unlocked (according to plan).

That would happen anyway. After 6 hours of inactivity Smart Lock will lock the screen.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So far it has been working well. At work with BT headset it keeps it unlocked, inside my Truck it keeps it unlocked, and when at home it keeps it unlocked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000