Wow, this phone is snappy!

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
T-Mobile S8, and no complaints with performance. This thing flies with barely a stutter to find anywhere. Very impressive. I thought the G6 was fast and fluid, but this is faster.

Faded03cobra198p

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
T-Mobile S8, and no complaints with performance. This thing flies with barely a stutter to find anywhere. Very impressive. I thought the G6 was fast and fluid, but this is faster.

Agree completely. Very impressed with this phone. It's even better when you enable developer options and change the animation time.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
That's what I want to hear. So do you like it better overall compared to the G6? I can't pick mine up until tomorrow.

Better screen, better battery life, better software, better in hand feel, better camera. If you shoot in wide angle a lot or just absolutely can't get used to the fingerprint​ sensor (I haven't had much of an issue adjusting), then I'd go G6. Otherwise I don't think this is very close in direct comparisons.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Yep, this this is quick. I've been putting through the paces all day and there has been no lag...yet

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Agree completely. Very impressed with this phone. It's even better when you enable developer options and change the animation time.
Which animation settings are you changing and what values are you using? I'd like to test it out too... Tomorrow when the phones arrives...

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Agree just had this for a few hours and this thing flies. Have the G6 as well definitely things are much buttery on the S8+. If this thing stays like this we have a major beast of a phone.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Which animation settings are you changing and what values are you using? I'd like to test it out too... Tomorrow when the phones arrives...

Enable Developer Options In Android 7.0 Nougat
1. Launch the Settings app from the app drawer or the notifications shade.

2. Swipe all the way down and tap on ‘About phone.’

3. Scroll down in this menu as well and you should see an option called ‘Build number.’

4. Constantly tap on this option till you see a prompt on the display stating ‘You are now a developer.’

5. Now go back to the main Settings page and scroll all the way down once more.

6. You will see the new ‘Developer Options’ entry right on top of ‘About phone.’ Scroll down and look for Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale. Adjust the scale for the animation you want. The greater the number, the slower the animation (and the longer you have to wait).

I always set it to zero.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Don't have the G6 yet as it isn't available in Europe so far, but my wife's S8 (was supposed to be mine but I decided to go with the G6 instead due to Bixby and the fingerprint reader) is slow. The Exynos version seems to suffer from lag issues - been reading this a lot in German Android forums and I have to confirm it. There is a lot of stuttering while scrolling, lag when switching between apps and launching apps, lag when unlocking the phone. Wife's not happy, but I think she's more concerned with the stupid fingerprint reader location and the fact that it takes her 2-3 attempts every time

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I think the G6 feels better in hand. I returned mine though because of camera quality issues. The s8+ has so much more going for it. Better screen, Bluetooth 5, battery life, camera, one handed operation. I'm sure the list goes on but I'm still on my first full day.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude