04-21-2017 01:32 PM
30 12
tools
    T-Mobile S8, and no complaints with performance. This thing flies with barely a stutter to find anywhere. Very impressive. I thought the G6 was fast and fluid, but this is faster.
    Jaycemiskel and blaine07 like this.
    04-20-2017 11:36 PM
    That's what I want to hear. So do you like it better overall compared to the G6? I can't pick mine up until tomorrow.
    04-20-2017 11:42 PM
    T-Mobile S8, and no complaints with performance. This thing flies with barely a stutter to find anywhere. Very impressive. I thought the G6 was fast and fluid, but this is faster.
    Agree completely. Very impressed with this phone. It's even better when you enable developer options and change the animation time.
    04-20-2017 11:42 PM
    How quick it is in 6 months is the real question.
    04-20-2017 11:43 PM
    That's what I want to hear. So do you like it better overall compared to the G6? I can't pick mine up until tomorrow.
    Both have strengths, and the G6 wins on build and lack of gimmicks. Battery life is a draw so far. S8 wins on speed, camera and display.
    04-20-2017 11:47 PM
    Sounds good. I think I made the right decision then
    04-20-2017 11:48 PM
    Better screen, better battery life, better software, better in hand feel, better camera. If you shoot in wide angle a lot or just absolutely can't get used to the fingerprint​ sensor (I haven't had much of an issue adjusting), then I'd go G6. Otherwise I don't think this is very close in direct comparisons.
    04-20-2017 11:50 PM
    Yep, this this is quick. I've been putting through the paces all day and there has been no lag...yet
    04-20-2017 11:58 PM
    By then I'll have another device, but thanks for heads up Yoda.
    bassplayrguy and ScottsoNJ like this.
    04-21-2017 12:07 AM
    I suppose it's early out of the box snappiness will depend on what the owner decides to download onto it over time.
    04-21-2017 12:09 AM
    Agree completely. Very impressed with this phone. It's even better when you enable developer options and change the animation time.
    Which animation settings are you changing and what values are you using? I'd like to test it out too... Tomorrow when the phones arrives...
    04-21-2017 12:12 AM
    Agree just had this for a few hours and this thing flies. Have the G6 as well definitely things are much buttery on the S8+. If this thing stays like this we have a major beast of a phone.
    04-21-2017 12:18 AM
    Which animation settings are you changing and what values are you using? I'd like to test it out too... Tomorrow when the phones arrives...
    04-21-2017 12:59 AM
    Enable Developer Options In Android 7.0 Nougat
    1. Launch the Settings app from the app drawer or the notifications shade.

2. Swipe all the way down and tap on ‘About phone.’

3. Scroll down in this menu as well and you should see an option called ‘Build number.’

4. Constantly tap on this option till you see a prompt on the display stating ‘You are now a developer.’

5. Now go back to the main Settings page and scroll all the way down once more.

6. You will see the new ‘Developer Options’ entry right on top of ‘About phone.’ Scroll down and look for Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale. Adjust the scale for the animation you want. The greater the number, the slower the animation (and the longer you have to wait).

I always set it to zero.
    04-21-2017 02:33 AM
    Don't have the G6 yet as it isn't available in Europe so far, but my wife's S8 (was supposed to be mine but I decided to go with the G6 instead due to Bixby and the fingerprint reader) is slow. The Exynos version seems to suffer from lag issues - been reading this a lot in German Android forums and I have to confirm it. There is a lot of stuttering while scrolling, lag when switching between apps and launching apps, lag when unlocking the phone. Wife's not happy, but I think she's more concerned with the stupid fingerprint reader location and the fact that it takes her 2-3 attempts every time
    04-21-2017 03:03 AM
    Oh, and yeah, her's has the pink tint issue along the edges of the screen as well.
    04-21-2017 03:05 AM
    Just got my AT&T GS8. Very smooth and snappy.
    blaine07 likes this.
    04-21-2017 04:42 AM
    People who ask this question always leave me puzzle. Did they ever try, oh I don't know, doing a factory reset? Do that once and you're good for another 6 months.
    04-21-2017 06:29 AM
    Of course it is, it's brand new out of the box. I can make my S7 edge snappy again if I do a FDR.
    04-21-2017 06:36 AM
    I think the G6 feels better in hand. I returned mine though because of camera quality issues. The s8+ has so much more going for it. Better screen, Bluetooth 5, battery life, camera, one handed operation. I'm sure the list goes on but I'm still on my first full day.
    04-21-2017 07:06 AM
    Hey, here are some fun YouTube videos to watch on the extra wide screen setting.

04-21-2017 07:20 AM
    Of course it is, it's brand new out of the box. I can make my S7 edge snappy again if I do a FDR.
    That's not it. No Samsung phone I've ever owned was this responsive out of the box, not even close.
    04-21-2017 08:34 AM
    That's not it. No Samsung phone I've ever owned was this responsive out of the box, not even close.
    Hope it stays that way
    04-21-2017 09:41 AM
    Enable Developer Options In Android 7.0 Nougat
    1. Launch the Settings app from the app drawer or the notifications shade.

2. Swipe all the way down and tap on ‘About phone.’

3. Scroll down in this menu as well and you should see an option called ‘Build number.’

4. Constantly tap on this option till you see a prompt on the display stating ‘You are now a developer.’

5. Now go back to the main Settings page and scroll all the way down once more.

6. You will see the new ‘Developer Options’ entry right on top of ‘About phone.’ Scroll down and look for Window animation scale, Transition animation scale, and Animator duration scale. Adjust the scale for the animation you want. The greater the number, the slower the animation (and the longer you have to wait).

I always set it to zero.
    I always set mine to zero and set Nova Prime to faster than light speed. Zero lag, zero stutter.
    04-21-2017 09:55 AM
    I think the G6 feels better in hand. I returned mine though because of camera quality issues. The s8+ has so much more going for it. Better screen, Bluetooth 5, battery life, camera, one handed operation. I'm sure the list goes on but I'm still on my first full day.
    Regarding bluetooth.

I wish Samsung phones had that little battery indicator next to the bluetooth connected icon on the notification bar. My LG V20 had it and my Huawei Mate 9 has it. It's very helpful to know how much battery I have left on my headphones or whatever device I h ave.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    04-21-2017 11:54 AM
30 12