Anyone actually use the Samsung browser? When I had the Note 7 I automatically set chrome as the default, never even giving the Samsung browser a try. But I read in an S8 review (maybe on Engaget or The Verge) that the reviewer actually preferred the Samsung browser, so I decided to give it a try, and I'll say, for the first day and a half of use, it's fantastic. I don't get into the extension options, but the browser​ is lightning fast, and has an option that I wish chrome would have implemented a long time ago: the option to tap and go to the top of the screen. I sorely missed that coming back from the iPhone to Android a few years ago. On the iPhone you had to tap the top of the screen; I'd argue that Samsung's way is improved because you don't have to reach to the top, it provides a small arrow icon near the bottom of the screen and takes you back to the top. Something so small matters a lot to me. Just thought I'd provide this mini review for those, like me, who would have never even tried it out.
    04-21-2017 06:02 AM
    Absolutely no complaints with the stock browser thus far. Rarely use Chrome or other browsers.
    gpatrick15 likes this.
    04-21-2017 06:05 AM
    Samsung Internet browser has support for adblockers.

Chrome does not.

The choice is clear.
    gpatrick15 likes this.
    04-21-2017 06:09 AM
    Samsung's browser is the best! Chrome always gets disabled on all my devices.
    gpatrick15 likes this.
    04-21-2017 06:19 AM
    Any way to import Chrome bookmarks into the Samsung browser?
    04-21-2017 06:37 AM
    In addition to the good stuff mentioned above you can also enter passwords with your fingerprint. I also like the fact that you can immediately go to the top of page by tapping the arrow at the bottom at any time.
    04-21-2017 07:10 AM
    This. I use chrome on all my computer's so the bookmark sync and autofill of passwords has me hooked on chrome. But Samsung internet is quicker and smoother and can have adblock. I'd just like to upload my chrome bookmarks to Samsung internet.
    jdfry15 likes this.
    04-21-2017 07:14 AM
    I've always used the Samsung browser. Only used Chrome a few times in the past several years by accident. Never had any issues.
    04-21-2017 07:14 AM
    On your computer, using Chrome, get the Samsung Internet extension, sign in with your Samsung account and sync your Chrome bookmarks. Then, on the Galaxy, make sure you've signed in with your Samsung account, open the Samsung browser, tap on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner, choose "Settings" and make sure to slide the button "on" for your Samsung account. After a few minutes all your Chrome bookmarks will sync.
    04-21-2017 07:17 AM
    Thanks a ton for this. I've always liked the Samsung browser but I stayed away because of the Chrome syncing across all my devices. This solves that going forward.

On your computer, using Chrome, get the Samsung Internet extension, sign in with your Samsung account and sync your Chrome bookmarks. Then, on the Galaxy, make sure you've signed in with your Samsung account, open the Samsung browser, tap on the three dots in the upper right-hand corner, choose "Settings" and make sure to slide the button "on" for your Samsung account. After a few minutes all your Chrome bookmarks will sync.
    sangs likes this.
    04-21-2017 07:25 AM
    Thanks a lot for this information! I too was concerned about transferring my bookmarks but worse case scenario I'd have manually done them. This saves me some time. Thanks!
    sangs likes this.
    04-21-2017 07:46 AM
    I much prefer the Samsung Browser. It is faster and smoother, especially with ad blocking. I think it is more usable, especially on this phone. With Chrome I need to reach WAY to the top to get to bookmarks. Since I use Chrome on my Windows machine, the Chrome sync is great.
    04-21-2017 08:09 AM
    I've never used a browser as fast as the stock browser on the S8 and S8 Plus. Blazing speed. Like the pages as preloaded. Chrome could learn a thing from Samsung.
    04-21-2017 08:14 AM
    Samsung makes the only browser I like on Android. I disabled Chrome right away. I don't use Chrome on my laptop either though.
    04-21-2017 08:18 AM