Galaxy S8 screen protectors

wallstreet123456

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I have the Spigen Galaxy S8 Plus Case Ultra Hybrid and purchased a tempered glass screen, when i installed the protector all went well but when the case was installed the glass did not sit flush on device and started to crack.

Has anyone purchased and installed a screen protector with a case and gotten good results?

Thanks.
Steven

BeyondtheTech#AC

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
976a6431774f4acc04b4153ea28d30fd.jpg

I'm using the "case-friendly" GPEL glass screen protector with the CaseMate ToughStand on my S8+ and they work well with each other.

hydrofarmer

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
This is a well known thing. You can't use glass with most cases. Get like an Armor suite case friendly plastic one. Glass is a no go with a case.

Lifetime warranty too.

Armorsuit - Galaxy S8+ Screen Protector [Case Friendly] MilitaryShield For Samsung Galaxy S8+ Lifetime Replacement Anti-Bubble HD Clear https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XXWPJY...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU5775575
*** let me be more clear. Curved displays and glass screen protectors usually don't work togethe with phone cases. I learned the hard way too.

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Even the wet application screen protectors aren't that case friendly. The key to the wet application is to let it dry for a couple days. But I'm not going without a case on my phone and I'm not going without my phone for that long. I tried 3 different wet application screen protectors on my note 7 and all said case friendly and none of them were. I have a Supershieldz dry application one on now and it looks great when installed, but the sides don't stick well and my cases push up on it.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I got a glass curved protector from zagg. It was easy install and so far it's staying in place with my commuter case from otterbox. Just got it today so only time will tell.

arunma

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
I use the Illumi Aquashield with the S8+, and it works great. I used the same brand with the S7 edge and had pretty good results long-term. This is a wet-apply gel shield, not tempered glass. But it did a perfect job of protecting my screen.

You can get a 2-pack on Amazon for $7.85. Make sure you get the case-friendly version, because the regular version won't work with most cases.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I got a pack of 2 "yootech" screen protectors for about $8 on amazon. They are a wet application. I installed it a few hours ago and so far it's great. It gets the edges, but is slightly receded in the corners to allow space for the cases. A majority of the bubbles are gone already. I haven't put my case on yet tho. Waiting for the adhesive to stick more before I accidentally shift it. I have a Spigen neo hybrid that hugs the edges tightly that I'm concerned about. If anything I'll just use the thin fit one I have.
But screen response is great, the screen feels really smooth not all sticky and rubbery like some protectors do. As of now I'm happy with my purchase.

hydrofarmer

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Even the wet application screen protectors aren't that case friendly. The key to the wet application is to let it dry for a couple days. But I'm not going without a case on my phone and I'm not going without my phone for that long. I tried 3 different wet application screen protectors on my note 7 and all said case friendly and none of them were. I have a Supershieldz dry application one on now and it looks great when installed, but the sides don't stick well and my cases push up on it.
Squeegee it more on the flat part. Also, don't wrap the edges down right away. After you get the majority of the flat part on the screen leave the edges up and let the water dry. Come back 20 minutes later and wrap the rest of the edges down. Then take a hair dryer and warm the entire screen protector up. Not super hot. Just so it's moderately warm to the touch. Let it sit over night without the case. Hope this helps.

kalnel#WN

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I got a glass screen protector installed at the Zagg store. It really reduced the screen sensitivity, so I went back to the store and exchanged it for a plastic one. The guy at the store explained that with the curved screens, the protectors are attached only at the edges, so you get a lot of play between the protector and the screen.

The plastic one seems great so far. One caveat is that if you use VR, you'll see the tiny "grid" pattern embedded in the plastic.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci