Galaxy S8 / S8 + Battery Life Thread

zigaliro

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
7 hours with 100%battery ?!!!!!
That's it. This time i officially don't believe the posts in here !!!! Where you in airplane mode doing nothing on the phone ?

Heh you mean 100% brighthess not battery right? Well I was mostly browsing internet and facebook, and messing with settings a little. I also had a 1 hour skype call with my friend, and I did take couple of pictures and did some 4k recording. That`s about what I was doing.

Edit: Oh, I also watched some youtube videos.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
My s8 been amazing usually 5-6 SOT and 23 hrs usage surprised the smaller battery version is this good

Attachments

• 1699.jpg
    1699.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 35

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Heh you mean 100% brighthess not battery right? Well I was mostly browsing internet and facebook, and messing with settings a little. I also had a 1 hour skype call with my friend, and I did take couple of pictures and did some 4k recording. That`s about what I was doing.

Edit: Oh, I also watched some youtube videos.
You're so lucky. With 30% brightness i get 3h30 sot.

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
A big factor not being mentioned, or shown, is the screen brightness. Sure, a device with 5% screen brightness on Wifi all day looking at simple webpages can produce fantastic SoT.
I just leave mine on auto. Indoors it's around 10 to 25 percent depending on how close I am to light source. Outdoors it's always up high. Most of my posted SoT has been indoor use.

Karong

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Battery life has been great for me on the smaller S8. Currently at 3 hours SoT with 52% battery left. My S7 would be at 30% by now with the same usage. Yesterday got 5.5 hours. I can imagine what it would be like if I got the Plus. I'm very satisfied.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Battery life has been great for me on the smaller S8. Currently at 3 hours SoT with 52% battery left. My S7 would be at 30% by now with the same usage. Yesterday got 5.5 hours. I can imagine what it would be like if I got the Plus. I'm very satisfied.
This is about the same as what I get. At the 50% mark, I've always been over 3 hrs sot.

the_munc_e

Apr 3, 2017
Visit site
You know, I gave you the benefit of the doubt and I actually pitted my S8+ fast charger against my iPhone 7 Plus on an iPad charger...guess what, charging from 20% to 45%, the S8+ got to 45% while the iPhone got to 42% at the same time. That's a 3% difference only. In the meantime, the iPhone did not even get warm, where as the S8+ was nice and toasty. Even if I extrapolate this to 100%, the S8+ will likely charge to 100% faster than the iPhone 7 Plus, but not by much, maybe a few minutes at best. The iPhone will likely be around 93%-95% charged by the time the S8+ is at 100%. Depending on how much the Samsung fast charging slows down the two might actually end up even closer. So there it is...the whole "iPhone charges slow" is pure crap. It does, if it is using the crappy stock charger. If you are using the iPad charger or another high-current charger, the iPhone can take the charge just fine and charges (in essence) just as fast as any top-end Samsung phone with Adaptive Fast Charge. If you want pictures, I can post those later too.

Edit: Just a point to note, both phones were not running any apps, had basically the same apps installed, same configuration, and both on Airplane mode. Basically, I equalized them as a user would under normal circumstances. The setup was the same because I use both phones and both need to be configured the same apps-wise.
Iphones slow down on their charge. Do them both to 100% and see what you get.

https://youtu.be/XEHMmZG08-U

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Your comparing a S8+ to an iPhone 7 plus. Looking at where they are in terms of percentage after X time is irrelevant because the got vastly different cell sizes. 3500mah vs 2900mah. 45 percent means different things for both.

Vogal

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I´m in S8 and i barely get 4h Sot. Good reception, Aod on, wifi on, bluetooth on, location on (high accuracy, no google tracking) sync on, Nfc Off. Even if i barely touch the phone and with only 2h Sot, i have like 20% left when i arrive home at night.

The big difference that i see from my previous iPhones is the standby drain. In iPhone, if it sits quiet and untouched it barely drains battery and im my S8 it does.
Could be google now active? People that get 6 or 8 h Sot, did you use google now?
The android system and android Os is always on top in battery usage percentage just after screen.

Other thing, did unlock the device using face recognition will use much battery? Thats one thing that i´m current using.

Edit: Clean install always.

Cheers

steven Hadjez

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I´m in S8 and i barely get 4h Sot. Good reception, Aod on, wifi on, bluetooth on, location on (high accuracy, no google tracking) sync on, Nfc Off. Even if i barely touch the phone and with only 2h Sot, i have like 20% left when i arrive home at night.

The big difference that i see from my previous iPhones is the standby drain. In iPhone, if it sits quiet and untouched it barely drains battery and im my S8 it does.
Could be google now active? People that get 6 or 8 h Sot, did you use google now?
The android system and android Os is always on top in battery usage percentage just after screen.

Other thing, did unlock the device using face recognition will use much battery? Thats one thing that i´m current using.

Edit: Clean install always.

Cheers
Hey mate, my phone is set exactly like yours. You've described my exact same situation. And like you I get about 3h45 sot no matter what I do.
And like you I have Google now enabled! Could this really be our issue ??
I've been trying to identify my problem with no luck. I can't believe that most people get 6 hours minimum,some go to 9 hours sot and we can't make it past 4 so frustrating

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I like how my iPhone takes a long time to go from 100% down to 99% when on standby. Although the battery drain on the S8 is not as good, it takes longer to go from 100% to 99% than my S7 edge. I average a little over 5 1/2 hrs sit and I don't use Google now.

Vogal

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Hey mate, my phone is set exactly like yours. You've described my exact same situation. And like you I get about 3h45 sot no matter what I do.
I've been trying to identify my problem with no luck. I can't believe that most people get 6 hours minimum,some go to 9 hours sot and we can't make it past 4 so frustrating

I really can't tell, but if i find something, i let you know and vice versa.
There has to be a way to reduce google services without disable location ( i like to have gps location on photos). Someone can share a few tips?

celsior360

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site

was it Bixby being active in the background and causing the drain ?

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante