Apps not showing up

Cloud84

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded an app and there is no shortcut on the home screen or when I swipe left. There isn't one when I swipe up and look through my apps. When i search I can find it and it works. Anyone else run into this issue? How can I get a shortcut to appear anywhere for the app?

Diad3m77

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
yes, i am having the same issue. it comes up with the native app launcher and with google now app launcher. still looking for a resolution. it's like it started happening a couple days after i had everything configured on the phone.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
A downloaded app would show up on your home screen automatically only if you configure Google Play to do so. Othr, it goes into the app drawer, and you have to manually put the shortcut on the home screen.

Chapsnavy

Jan 4, 2018
Visit site
I downloaded an app and there is no shortcut on the home screen or when I swipe left. There isn't one when I swipe up and look through my apps. When i search I can find it and it works. Anyone else run into this issue? How can I get a shortcut to appear anywhere for the app?

Thanks for the fix guys. Identical problem

Last edited by a moderator:

Reynoldswrap

Apr 8, 2017
Visit site
I'm havin same issue w/doin n install thru Galaxy Apps&after install there is no icon anywhere to access it? There is no shortcut on my home screens or n my app memory. Wth? Never dealt w/this before&have no idea what to do? I have Galaxy J7 btw

Prem Tella

May 6, 2018
Visit site
Found the solution on Note 8
1.Go to apps
2.go to Home screen settings (click three dots on right top corner).
3.check "Add apps to home screen."

Droid MacDroid

Jan 21, 2019
Visit site
The above Game Launcher solution didn't work for me on my Note 8, but this did:

1 - From the Home screen, slide up your list of apps.
2 - Open “Home Screen Settings“.
3 - Select “Hide Apps“.
4 - Go through your apps and select which ones are currently hidden, just as if they weren't hidden but you wanted them to be.
5 - Come out of Apps section
6 - Go back into your apps, then repeat steps 1 to 4, but this time deselecting the apps you had 'hidden' to un-hide them.
7 - They should now all appear in Apps.

I hope that helps. In my situation I had just used Smart Switch to upgrade to the phone, and so it may have caused some errors along the way and hidden some things without marking them as hidden.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12