DQA error messaged on S8+ on Verizon

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
If you keep getting a DQA error message on your S8+ Phone.

Go into your settings.
Go to Battery
Change the settings to Mid and hit apply.
This will get rid of the error messages.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
If you keep getting a DQA error message on your S8+ Phone.

Go into your settings.
Go to Battery
Change the settings to Mid and hit apply.
This will get rid of the error messages.

I wonder what's causing this issue. I have an S8+ on Verizon and I haven't seen that error message yet.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I did this and all the other suggestions I've found online & the only thing that has worked is clearing cache partition. Did it about 45 mins ago & no message since. Before I was getting the message like every 20 seconds.

hhmorgan

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Same DQA problem on Galaxy S8.

I could certainly see the problem go away by changing Battery to Mid. When I turned the Battery setting to Off the DQA message immediately returned.

I wanted the Always On display - that wasn't available from the default "Mid" settings but you can Customize what "Mid" does and turn Always On back to On. I did this and still haven't yet seen a recurrence of the DQA message.

Thanks for posting this "fix"

Mike1117

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Saw another thread on here about this. DQA is data quality assessment for wifi. You can force stop it under settings-apps-app manager. Select show system apps in the 3 does menu then click on DQA and force stop. Worked to fix the issue for me.

anon(4712533)

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
I tried everything and the error keeper coming back so I purchased BK Disabler (Samsung) from the Play Store it was a dollar something but I was able to totally disable DQA I'll keep using the app until Samsung puts out an update.

wallstreet123456

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
What does DQA actually do?

The error message only started happening after I allowed the system update. I assume if your factory reset and don't allow the update it will work normally again.

yanks4life

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Guys the real fix for people who are having this problem is Bixby! I bet if you are getting this error you dont have Bixby activated or in the Samsung launcher the left Bixby page enabled. Once I activated Bixby and enabled it on the left page of the Stock launcher, the error message has gone away and not come back. I saw this fix somewhere else, so just thought I would pass it along. You don't need to do a factory reset or mess with the battery settings. Hope this helps!!

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
With package disabler I disabled the DQA system app and have not seen the issue since nor have I seen any adverse issues. I plan on re-enabling the app after the next update to see if it is fixed. I am sure it will be, it has cause quite a stir...LOL

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Go to wifi where it shows all the wifi address's. Touch each one and say forget . It will delete them one by one out.
Do it till there are no more wifi addresses including yours.
They turn wifi off and back on so it will search for your wifi address.
Make sure all of your accounts are setup and synced.
make sure yer samsung account is setup and signed into. And samsung plus.
make sure your google account is logged into
I did all this yesterday after listening to replys and it got rid of the DQA message on my wifes phone.

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
Saw another thread on here about this. DQA is data quality assessment for wifi. You can force stop it under settings-apps-app manager. Select show system apps in the 3 does menu then click on DQA and force stop. Worked to fix the issue for me.
That's the fix the worked for me...so far.

gtixpress

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I also received the DQA error after performing the update. The only thing that worked for me was doing a factory reset. Multiple reboots and clearing the cache several times didn't do anything. However, since I did the factory reset, the error has not returned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alastair