Verizon Galaxy S8 Couple of newbie questions about the S8+

Praetorian27

Apr 23, 2017
Visit site
Hi guys, I have an S8+ and I have a couple of noob questions. First, is it bad to put the phone on the charger if it isn't low? If the battery is still showing 70% does it hurt the battery life to put it on the charger? Or should I wait until it's down to 20% for example before charging?

Second, I have placed some contact shortcuts on my home screen (home, work etc) that I call frequently. Problem is I am hitting them accidently and calling them everytime I pick up the phone because all you do is touch the shortcut icon and it places a call. I had shortcuts on the home screen on my Note 4, but when you hit the icon, it showed the option to call or text so it wouldn't automatically call the contact. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks!

burrzoo

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I have an S8+ and I have a couple of noob questions. First, is it bad to put the phone on the charger if it isn't low? If the battery is still showing 70% does it hurt the battery life to put it on the charger? Or should I wait until it's down to 20% for example before charging?

Second, I have placed some contact shortcuts on my home screen (home, work etc) that I call frequently. Problem is I am hitting them accidently and calling them everytime I pick up the phone because all you do is touch the shortcut icon and it places a call. I had shortcuts on the home screen on my Note 4, but when you hit the icon, it showed the option to call or text so it wouldn't automatically call the contact. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks!
I've always put my phone on a charger at any level. Never had any problems long term either.
For shortcuts to frequently called/texting people try the "People" Edge! It's one of the most used features for me. Very convenient.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't hurt the battery at all if you put it on the charger at certain percentages. That's a myth.

As stated above, people edge works great for frequent contacts. Give that a try!

hparsons

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I used to create shortcuts as you described, but now prefer the Edge app.
That said, you can make the shortcuts work the way you prefer. Instead of adding the shortcut from the app, add them as a contact widget. You'll have three choices, Contact, Direct Dial, and Direct Message. Choose Contact, and when you tap them, you'll get a pop-up for call or message.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12