Disappointed with the S8 camera

osolot729

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So far not loving the camera. Not sure if mine is bad but details on some of mine appear flat... This is in good light. Or just seem way off like no details in hair. There was no movement either by the kids.

Attachments

• 169.jpg
    169.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 338

icellphones

Apr 19, 2017
Visit site
I said the same thing dude, This cam is no match for my pixel, even compared to my 7plus....no match. The pixels cam is more crisp in colors and everything. Sammy didn't go hard on the cam this time around, it was all about the display. Ill probably return my s8 and wait on the Note 8 with its dual cam and 4k display..

flyingkytez

Banned
Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The camera is good, but not mind blowing. It uses the same sensors as the S7, which had a very good camera. Sammy focuses on ultra fast and clear pictures. If you want better color, you should use the manual mode settings.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I said the same thing dude, This cam is no match for my pixel, even compared to my 7plus....no match. The pixels cam is more crisp in colors and everything. Sammy didn't go hard on the cam this time around, it was all about the display. Ill probably return my s8 and wait on the Note 8 with its dual cam and 4k display..

If you're gonna wait for a note 8, you might as well wait for the s9, or note 9......etc

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Your picture is scaled way down... considering its resolution the picture quality looks awesome. The only hair detail you can't see was removed when you shrank it by %80.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're gonna wait for a note 8, you might as well wait for the s9, or note 9......etc

why ??? Iv never like any galaxy s phones but love the notes. not to mention the s8/s8+ appears to have been rushed to market(FPS no Dual camera)... this will be corrected on the Note.

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You're also indoors, under fluorescent lighting. Not exactly ideal lighting conditions. Use natural light. It is your friend for good photos, even on high dollar SLR's

theelite1x87

Trusted Member
Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Try playing with settings. I have not used a pixel, but I can compare to my V10 (which has a pretty good camera). Despite slightly lower max res, thus camera is getting better detail and dynamic range. Colors are also rendered better.

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
My Huawei Mate 9's camera is better in lighted scenarios, the S8+ is better in darker rooms. Overall, I feel the Mate 9's camera is better.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
People, you're talking about a phone-camera with an infinitesimally small sensor and lens to match. NO phone camera will give you great detail - it's just not physically possible. Smart-phone manufacturers concentrate on getting the noise in check and providing good low-light capability. In order to reduce noise, you reduce sharpness - with small sensors, there's just no other way.

It amazes me how the media hypes which smartphone camera is best - what they're really comparing is which isn't worst!

Get real - smartphone cameras take amazing pictures for what they are. Don't expect miracles!

citybeats

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
18077160_10155396314102125_8566628690973040534_o.jpg

I think the camera is actually pretty good. The only alteration I did to this photo is saturation and straightening but other than that, the detail in my wheaten's hair and the grain of the floor are insane.

sprint85

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

You don't even know what the note 8 will have as far as display and camera. There's really no point in a 4k display...

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I find the camera to be much better than my v20. The dual camera is nice, but I hardly used it. If/ when Samsung implements dual cameras I hope they do a better job than LG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888