S8+ fingerprint scanner not responding.

A

AC Question

After the software update that came out a few days ago, my fingerprint scanner hasn't been responding. I used to use it to unlock my phone. Now it isn't picking up that I have my finger there. I went into settings and deleted my fingerprints I had registered. Then when I went to re-register my prints it would not pick up that my finger was there.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I would do factory reset.. I also noticed that the irs scanner does not work as well as the note 7 did... But I'm sure there will be plenty updates

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
I would do factory reset.. I also noticed that the irs scanner does not work as well as the note 7 did... But I'm sure there will be plenty updates

:cool: If may add..I support "Dubss" advise the FReset could be an option
if you don't find any other Fix: The infamous "N' Nougat removed
key features, including the "Return to default settings" Grrr!

Greg Mort

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
After the software update that came out a few days ago, my fingerprint scanner hasn't been responding. I used to use it to unlock my phone. Now it isn't picking up that I have my finger there. I went into settings and deleted my fingerprints I had registered. Then when I went to re-register my prints it would not pick up that my finger was there.

I have a s8 Plus and my fingerprint reader just stopped working as well.. gestures do not work, nor does it allow me to unlock screen or log into apps...

If I try to add a finger, it does not detect that I am touching the sensor

Guessing its a hardware issue....

Zach Campbell

May 4, 2017
Visit site
I MAY have a fix, wipe the fingerprint scanner with a partially wet piece of microfiber cloth, and disable fingerprint gestures, for some reason it's working now. When for the fast few days every time my phone screen turns off, after 3 to 5 minutes the fingerprint scanner would not pick up my finger AT ALL, I had to restart my phone, but after turning off the gestures and making sure it was clean, it's back to nornal... I hope, considering I only did that this morning, if I don't reply, then it's worked out. I hope I made somebody's day

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I MAY have a fix, wipe the fingerprint scanner with a partially wet piece of microfiber cloth, and disable fingerprint gestures, for some reason it's working now. When for the fast few days every time my phone screen turns off, after 3 to 5 minutes the fingerprint scanner would not pick up my finger AT ALL, I had to restart my phone, but after turning off the gestures and making sure it was clean, it's back to nornal... I hope, considering I only did that this morning, if I don't reply, then it's worked out. I hope I made somebody's day

Hrmmmm...that sounds like a firmware issue. I'd call Samsung or email them to let them know. If it pops back up then I'd see if you can get a new device. It could be hardware also but I think that's less likely given it happened so soon after an update.

shaneontherocks

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Multiple people have been complaining on the Sammy forums. I too have this problem. Many workarounds are available but the problem eventually comes back. It's intermittent for me. I think it's software related and should be fixed in an upcoming update. But who knows... I am only hoping.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Its sad that after spending nearly 900$ we have soo many bugs and have to use a turn around...isnt a phone should just work out of a box
And simple things are failing...

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I've experienced the same after getting back from a run workout, I used a wet towel to clean it and then a dry one to wipe it, including the FPS, and immediately after that it stopped responding a reboot fixed it, maybe the FP gestures feature is to blame here but if people don't report it, nothing will get fixed.

dkoutsi

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Guys, i had the same issue. Disable Finger Sensor Gestures in the Advanced Setting menu and the finger print unlock will work immediately.

dkoutsi

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
True but its so awkward to use the FP sensor anyway, i never used it for gestures. Nova launcher can do basically the same gestures anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674