Samsung VR promo not accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

I got our phones at best buy. I pre ordered them on the 17th the promotion ended on the 20th. The phones couldn't be released until the 21st. We picked them up and I submitted the receipt info through shop samsung app. It was rejected because samsung said it was not purchased within the promo time period but it was pre ordered on the 17th. Nobody is gonna have a receipt that is before the 20th if they don't release the phones until the 21st. Any suggestions?

kyle blake

Apr 24, 2017
Visit site
Ya, I have the same issue. I preordered the first day they opened up. But could not pick it up from Sams Club until Friday now I received email that it's too late. WTH?

boneycat

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I sent in the pre-order receipt that BB gave me that shows me ordering it on the 8th. If you still have that paper I'd suggest sending that instead.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing you guys preordered in store. I preordered online from best buy and I used my online order receipt from my account page. It shows the date the order was placed and when I actually picked it up. It was approved by Samsung the next day. If you have an installment agreement, check your wireless account for the paperwork. Verizon posted installment papers a few days before release so that could be used as well.

Douglas Griffis

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just checked my status and it was approved..thankfully.
When I registered I realized I had no receipt - online order, in store pickup. I just submitted a screen shot of the bestbuy.com order page and they accepted it.

brau0303

Trusted Member
Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
You may want to call Samsung, it seems like they should honor it since it was a pre-order even if the system rejected it. it may take a rep or supervisor to resolve it.

Cheers,
BR

Status
Not open for further replies.