WiFi Is Sketchy

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
The WiFi connection on my S8 plus us horrible. Anything I try to access takes a while just to load. The "loading circle" spins round and round. I checked my router setting and all is correct, running 2.4. My companion's IPhone 6, my Oneplus 3t, and S7 Edge, and a tablet all run super smooth and quick on WiFi, but I am not getting any such performance on my S8 plus. I have smart switch turned off, I have erased network and reentered, I have rebooted and nothing works. My 4g LTE is super fast. Weird.

frellingfrakker

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
No issues with mine. Maybe it's your router. It seems like every time a new phone comes out certain routers don't play nice with it. Are you on the latest router firmware?

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
No issues with mine. Maybe it's your router. It seems like every time a new phone comes out certain routers don't play nice with it. Are you on the latest router firmware?

Yeah, I went through all of the router settings, refreshed and reset. Again, all of our other devices work great and are very quick on WiFi.
Just now, I had to switch WiFi off in order for this app to open and load. Aarrgg. I will keep troubleshooting and if nothing helps I will do a factory reset. If that doesn't go, I will look into exchanging the device. Personally this device is amazing, except for this one issue. Thank you for the reply and suggestions.

echo_808

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried connecting to another WiFi network? (Like at the mall).

If it has issues with the other one then most likely it's phone related.

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried connecting to another WiFi network? (Like at the mall).

If it has issues with the other one then most likely it's phone related.

I actually did at the restaurant the other evening and it was very slow and wouldn't connect there as well. I had forgotten about that until your suggestion,, I couldn't get the WiFi to pull up anything and had to switch to 4gLTE. Was kinda embarrassing cause I was showing people the new phone.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually did at the restaurant the other evening and it was very slow and wouldn't connect there as well. I had forgotten about that until your suggestion,, I couldn't get the WiFi to pull up anything and had to switch to 4gLTE. Was kinda embarrassing cause I was showing people the new phone.

My favorite thing in the world is showing people my shiny new toy and it not working /s. I haven't had any wifi issues, but I did notice it not loading things on LTE when I got it initially. Seems to be okay now though, I did a reset and set it up as a new phone instead of the backup I used.

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Maybe it's time to update your wifi router or access point firmware, or replace the hardware all together.

I use a Ubiquiti AC-UAP-PRO, actually I have 2 of them in my house for better coverage. I don't have any issues with the Wifi at home, nor at my moms places who uses an older Cisco business wifi router, at work we use Ruckus, at client sites (I work for an MSP) they use either Ruckus or Cisco Meraki, no issues there.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine is working great. I am getting 500/500 from my ATT Fiber 1000MB Internet. On my Pixel XL, I only got about 300/300.

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Maybe it's time to update your wifi router or access point firmware, or replace the hardware all together.

I use a Ubiquiti AC-UAP-PRO, actually I have 2 of them in my house for better coverage. I don't have any issues with the Wifi at home, nor at my moms places who uses an older Cisco business wifi router, at work we use Ruckus, at client sites (I work for an MSP) they use either Ruckus or Cisco Meraki, no issues there.

All of our equipment is new and updated. I have my CPA office at home and we keep our U-verse software and equipment in top shape. We have techs that come out and service our equipment every three months,,so I know the equipment and software is spot on. Also the WiFi on, my other devices and tablets is spot on. It seems to be isolated to this device. I just rebooted into recovery and cleared the cache partition. I hope this might help.

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
All of our equipment is new and updated. I have my CPA office at home and we keep our U-verse software and equipment in top shape. We have techs that come out and service our equipment every three months,,so I know the equipment and software is spot on. Also the WiFi on, my other devices and tablets is spot on. It seems to be isolated to this device. I just rebooted into recovery and cleared the cache partition. I hope this might help.

ewwwwwww you use the all in one uverse modem/wireless router?? lol

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I have heard about people having a lot of issues on the 5ghz band, but not 2.4.

Yes, I heard that also. I went back into my router settings and made sure all was set to 2.4. I will keep tinkering with it and see if I can get decent results. If not, I might have to exchange the device. (again I am having same issues with this device on other WiFi networks)

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes, I heard that also. I went back into my router settings and made sure all was set to 2.4. I will keep tinkering with it and see if I can get decent results. If not, I might have to exchange the device. (again I am having same issues with this device on other WiFi networks)
Set it to 5 and see what happens you can run into Interference if several devices are competing on 2.4ghs
I run all mine on 5ghs

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Servicing equipment every 3 months is a bit longer than most MSP's do it. Must because you are too cheap. :)

Anyhow you should ask your carrier possibly for a new device as an alternative. But if the second device experiences the same issue then you know it's not the phone.

Error is to human, to really fowl things up requires a computer.

lsmith9523

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Servicing equipment every 3 months is a bit longer than most MSP's do it. Must because you are too cheap. :)

Anyhow you should ask your carrier possibly for a new device as an alternative. But if the second device experiences the same issue then you know it's not the phone.

Error is to human, to really fowl things up requires a computer.

Hahaha,,"cheap" I don't think so. Our service agreement is based on monitored usage over several years time. Different people have different needs and usages. My service is set perfect for my corporation and suits our needs abundantly. :)

Back on topic,,,I am going to intentionally try my device at other WiFi locations over the next few days and see if the issue persist. My device also has the "Red" tint around the edges. Samsung stated they are suppose to release an update to resolve said issue, so I will wait for that as well. If nothing is resolved with the update, I will take a chance and exchange the device.

smoothrunnings

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
Check to see if there is a new firmware update on the device. After hearing about the red tint issue on the screen I noticed Samsung pushed a 295MB update to my S8+ which didn't have the problem, I suspect or would have everyone should have received the update. Samsung says its a calibration issue which is fixed by a patch.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been fine at home as well. I have AT&T 1 Gbps internet as well. I disabled WiFi on the gateway and use my Google WiFi router.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol