Disable Bixby or not?

durandetto

Trusted Member
Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm still holding out hope for Bixby when they finally get it fully functional. If it doesn't wow me I'll use the new method to remap the button to Google Assistant.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I have one called bxActions. I like this one because, unlike some of the others, Bixby does not pop up for a split second before the app you want comes up.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
For those that went 2 to disable Bixby

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...8-s8-disabling-bixby-app-physical-button.html

ad2f8057c642924e5c68c8fa59a75a65.jpg

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I didn't disable either the voice input or the wake-up in case they were also used for other voice duties. Doubt they use much overhead anyway.

kevinpleasants

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure why people are so eager to disable the Bixby button. Why not just don't double tap it so that it won't activate Bixby? I know at the moment the software is not ready and installed yet, but why not just ignore it? If you like using Google now thankfully Samsung didnt remove or block it. Also if you like google now you should like Bixby when it becomes fully functional and perhaps with more features than GN. Remapping the button to use GN seems unnecessary to me, but that's just me, because GN already have the home button you can press. For me, I look forward to using Bixby.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure why people are so eager to disable the Bixby button. Why not just don't double tap it so that it won't activate Bixby? I know at the moment the software is not ready and installed yet, but why not just ignore it? If you like using Google now thankfully Samsung didnt remove or block it. Also if you like google now you should like Bixby when it becomes fully functional and perhaps with more features than GN. Remapping the button to use GN seems unnecessary to me, but that's just me, because GN already have the home button you can press. For me, I look forward to using Bixby.

My concern is saving battery, then also it's a redundancy as Google Now currently does all that I need anyway. IF Bixby comes back in a huge way then I'd re enable it and see what it can do.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Samsung should not have released Bixby so early. Barely even beta level and any consumer faith appears close to destroyed already. Battery fail and now Bixby fail. The killers B's.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2