S7 Generation Wireless charger vs. S8 Generation Wireless charger

whodah

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been Google'ing and am having difficulties answering this. I've got a couple of S7 Generation Samsung Fast Wireless Chargers and am wondering if I should upgrade to the S8 Generation of Samsung Fast Wireless Chargers? Are the S8 chargers faster than the S7 or anything like that?

Thanks!!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have both and I don't see any real difference between the two. I can tell you that the new S8/S8+ does not "Fast Charge" as fast as previous phones like the Note 7 did.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They're both 3000mAh batteries, so the charge rate should be the same (faster for fast charge, of course).

whodah

Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
That's cool, thx. I totally get the debate that is going around right now on charging being slowed down or not. But that aside, felloffthetruck's info is perfect: you observe no difference charging your S8 on the "S7 Generation Samsung Fast Wireless Charger" vs. the "S8 Generation Samsung Fast Wireless Charger". Ty!

Thus, there'd be no reason for me to upgrade, ya? I'm still kind of confused if the "S8 Generation Samsung Fast Wireless Charger" supports additional protocols compared to the S7-generation, but that wouldn't be reason enough for me to justify upgrading myself in my environment. I'd really only consider it if it shaved off 20+ minutes of charge time, or something.