Adding contact shortcuts to home screen

A

AC Question

Can anybody tell me how to put contact shortcuts onto the home screen on a S8 plus
I've done it many times on my old note 4 but can't seem to work out how to do it on my new phone.
Also when I put screen rotation on it also works on the home screen which didn't happen on the note 4. Is there a way of overriding this?

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I can't help you with the TouchWiz screen but if you decide to install the Nova launcher it's very easy to do and I can describe how to do it.

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I have Nova loaded and all I have to do is long-press on a blank spot on a home screen and I get options to add wallpapers, widgets, or go to settings. Choose widgets and scroll down to "Contacts", where you see your choices of contact shortcut, direct dial shortcut or direct message shortcut. I'm assuming you will have these same options available running stock touchwiz?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Are widgets even affected by different launchers? Launchers can add widgets, but whatever widgets you have on touchwiz will still be there if you load nova or anything else. Just long press on the home screen and tap widgets.

Barrsyboy1

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! Sorted ☺
How about the other issue I have with the rotating home screen?
Also I write a lot of generic emails and texts and my old note 4 would predict the next word I would say which made messaging much quicker. To do this I had to go into language and input, then predictive text, then go to personalisation and select 'Learn from Messages' but I can't find this option now on my new phone. Any idea? ☺

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! Sorted ☺
How about the other issue I have with the rotating home screen?
Also I write a lot of generic emails and texts and my old note 4 would predict the next word I would say which made messaging much quicker. To do this I had to go into language and input, then predictive text, then go to personalisation and select 'Learn from Messages' but I can't find this option now on my new phone. Any idea? ☺

Are you using stock Samsung keyboard? I use Gboard & I think it is hands down better at text prediction than the stock keyboard.

Barrsyboy1

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I use the 4 x 3 numeric board as I find it very quick as there's only 10 squares to hit so there much bigger. ie 1 has .,?! 2 has abc and so on

Vipmediastar

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
I installed Swift. I went thru my old messages or emails to find my next predicted work. Also did you know you can get a keyboard case from Samsung for your S8? If you type alot of emails this may be handy for you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34