Samsung Connect - WOW

FSUactuary

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance! But just figured out that I can cast my Samsung TV screen to my S8!

No more missing the big movie scene when nature calls = GAME CHANGER.

Do any of you this modern form of wizardry?

Freakster1

Feb 3, 2017
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance! But just figured out that I can cast my Samsung TV screen to my S8!

Can you tell me the steps you followed to do this? I can't connect mine.......

BeyondtheTech

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

I believe there's a feature called Smart View in the Quick Settings Tiles when you pull down all the way on the notifications. If it's not there, tap on the three dots on the upper-right corner and choose "Button order."

FSUactuary

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site

I used the Samsung Connect app, and connected my TV (phone should find it). From there, I just started playing with the icons within the built in TV remote and that was one of them. Was streaming Kodi with sound from my TV to my phone.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
It's called smart view it works with any TV in my house not just Samsung I use it a lot to cast YouTube to my tv

Jadaress1

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
It's called smart view it works with any TV in my house not just Samsung I use it a lot to cast YouTube to my tv

They're talking about casting tv to the phone tho, sounds good, does it work on other brands of tv like Panasonic? Doubt it but sounds good.

hparsons

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Two of my TV's don't have this built in, but it works through the Roku devices I ha e hooked up. The third has the Roku built in.
There are several add on devices that will let older Tv's (that aren't "smart") work with this.
It displays FAR better than I thought it would. We've used it several times when our cable/internet goes out.

Vipmediastar

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
"rushes" to go buy and replace the 10 year old plasma.

this is nice. I knew you could cast to tv but dind't know you cast tv to the phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Only 2016-and-up TVs from Samsung (and not the 'basic' Smart TV line) support this. 2014 and 2015 models required an older version of the Smart View app to be installed (they re-designed the app in 2015 and stripped the feature from it for some reason).

That was pretty much the reason I got my first Samsung Smart TV. Didn't use the feature as much as I thought I would haha.

There is also a Smart View program for PC which works on all supported TVs in case you want to mirror your TV on your computer.

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
holy crap I didn't know I could do that.
FWIW -- I actually have an S7 Edge...was hoping it wasn't JUST for S8's.
1. Power up TV
2. Phone > settings > Quick Connect > tap the TV
3. tap "view phone on TV (smart view)"
4. once it's connected, tap the TV in the "Connected Devices" section"
5. tap "View TV on phone"

Note: you can also CONTROL the tv from the phone (eg Change Source, power off tv, change channel, input numeric pad)

voila...awesome

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
holy crap I didn't know I could do that.
FWIW -- I actually have an S7 Edge...was hoping it wasn't JUST for S8's.
1. Power up TV
2. Phone > settings > Quick Connect > tap the TV
3. tap "view phone on TV (smart view)"
4. once it's connected, tap the TV in the "Connected Devices" section"
5. tap "View TV on phone"

Note: you can also CONTROL the tv from the phone (eg Change Source, power off tv, change channel, input numeric pad)

voila...awesome

Works on Note 5, too. The feature was introduced with the S7, but has trickled down to that model as well with the new Nougat update.

'Smart View only' TVs can also use the phone as remote but cannot mirror the screen onto it without the older Smart View app.

jdballard

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site

I think I'd have to call it whiz-ardry if you're using it while in the bathroom. :D

(Side question: I take it you are a Florida State fan? If so, if you can read the quote on the shirt in my picture, you'll know where I stand.)