Whether magnetic parts will affect Samsung S8 and Samsung S8 + wireless charging

EMostafa

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Recently I have been concerned about phone magnetic accessories and found some bad reviews on magnet parts for Samsung S8 and Samsung S8+. User complain that the phone can not be charged or fever abnormal when they using strong magnetic parts like magnet case or extended speaker. I do not know if this is true. Has someone had a similar experience?

I do not know how a magnetic accessories affect a mobile phone charging. But if that is true, is that means that we should stay away from those magnetic products?

Is the magnetically weaker parts less impacted or have no effect for Samsung S8 and Samsung S8+? Wireless charging will affect Bluetooth?

I like magnetic parts, I should give up or never mind of this? Any suggection? Thank you!

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Magnets attached to the phone or case with mostly prevent wireless charging. They should not affect wired charging AFAIK. I would be hesitant to attach anything magnetic to a smartphone, but there are magnetic car mounts that are said to work fine. Those too are not compatible with wireless charging.