Samsung Notes

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I have a few notes that I saved from S Notes and I'm trying to edit the notes. Is there a way I can convert the S notes (since it's no longer compatible) to Samsung notes so that I can edit? I'm able to add on text to the bottom of but I'm not able to go back and edit the previous text from S Notes.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I had a note 5. I used Smart switch wirelessly and they came over.
They are in my notes on my S8 Plus.
Have you gone to Best Buy and took both yer old phone and yer new phone and asked them to help.
And did you go in and setup notes.
Signed into all Samsung places.

Good luck

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I had a note 5. I used Smart switch wirelessly and they came over.
They are in my notes on my S8 Plus.
Have you gone to Best Buy and took both yer old phone and yer new phone and asked them to help.
And did you go in and setup notes.
Signed into all Samsung places.

Good luck
The notes transferred over, but I can't edit the text. I can add to the end, but I can't edit the old text from S Notes.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I have S Note running on mine and it works great. In fact, to be completely honest, using a standard stylus with this phone and it's specs and S Note is a smoothies using the S Pen on a Note phone. The two things that lacks are hovering and a place to store a stylus within the phone. Otherwise, I notice no difference.

What stylus are you using?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Glad to hear you got things going again. I wish Samsung note and S-note had better integration. I would rather use one app to hold all my notes.
I was going to to just stick with Samsung note because all my s note stuff transferred over, but being able to edit the old text is pretty important. I'm too lazy to have to type all those notes over in Samsung notes. I couldn't even copy and paste the old text. Lol

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I was going to to just stick with Samsung note because all my s note stuff transferred over, but being able to edit the old text is pretty important. I'm too lazy to have to type all those notes over in Samsung notes. I couldn't even copy and paste the old text. Lol

The S8+ I have has a app called notes.
I had a note 5 and the notes from my Note 5 transferred to the notes on my S8+

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Thats a big thing for me too. During the live event, Samsung said it was S-Note, Memo, Scrapbook, and Action Memo all in one. I wish that were true.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

Could you just copy the old notes and paste into a new one?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't like that Samsung is trying to replace S Note with Samsung Note. Instead of improving on what's already there, they end up taking away features.
Well Samsung notes works fine. I'm just not able to edit the S notes that I transferred over. I guess I should just be glad I was able to transfer them over. I might have cried then. Lol