Samsung Visual Voicemail vs T-Mobile Visual Voicemail?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
So i am relatively new to T-Mobile, just since Feb 2017..

On my LG V20, I just used the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app and that is all I used. I also pay the $5 for the Voicemail to text and Name ID.

however, it seems like Samsung has all this built in if you hit the Voicemail icon in the dialer. Do I need the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app? And do I even need the service? Or does it only work on the built in Samsung app because I pay for the service via T-Mobile.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you NEED the T-Mobile app, but I don't pay for it (and disabled the T-Mobile Visual app) and that icon only calls my Voicemail directly, no app is open, so the visual voicemail option IS dependent on you having the service active or not. You can try disabling the T-Mobile visual mail app and see if the Samsung one still opens; if it doesn't work, just re-enable the T-Mobile one and done. If you don't need it, then just pick the one you prefer.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So i am relatively new to T-Mobile, just since Feb 2017..

On my LG V20, I just used the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app and that is all I used. I also pay the $5 for the Voicemail to text and Name ID.

however, it seems like Samsung has all this built in if you hit the Voicemail icon in the dialer. Do I need the T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app? And do I even need the service? Or does it only work on the built in Samsung app because I pay for the service via T-Mobile.

I'd surely love an OEM Visual Voice Mail (Finally) but I really don't know what I may be missing here but in my S8+ form T-Mobile if I press the Voice Mail Icon on the Dialer app it just dials my voicemail, no visual mail at all.

I just checked all settings I know that are related to this and I can't see that as an option, so do you remember doing something for this to be on your phone? Can you post some screenshots of it?

Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'd surely love an OEM Visual Voice Mail (Finally) but I really don't know what I may be missing here but in my S8+ form T-Mobile if I press the Voice Mail Icon on the Dialer app it just dials my voicemail, no visual mail at all.

I just checked all settings I know that are related to this and I can't see that as an option, so do you remember doing something for this to be on your phone? Can you post some screenshots of it?

Thanks.

Are you a Voicemail subscriber? This service is extra for most carriers, and as such, it's included by the carrier (even if it 'looks' stock, it's a carrier addition to the ROM).

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Are you a Voicemail subscriber? This service is extra for most carriers, and as such, it's included by the carrier (even if it 'looks' stock, it's a carrier addition to the ROM).

Got it. I didn't read your previous post because when I began typing mine it wasn't there, I took longer than usual finishing it because I was interrupted here ("I'm working"), so it wasn't until I received the AC email with your reply quoting me that I realized that you had already explained about it.

Thanks anyway.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Got it. I didn't read your previous post because when I began typing mine it wasn't there, I took longer than usual finishing it because I was interrupted here ("I'm working"), so it wasn't until I received the AC email with your reply quoting me that I realized that you had already explained about it.

Thanks anyway.

Kind of related to this thread. Has anyone figured out how to disable the OEM voicemail notification so I dont get one for that and one for the T-Mobile app?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Kind of related to this thread. Has anyone figured out how to disable the OEM voicemail notification so I dont get one for that and one for the T-Mobile app?

i actually only get a notification from the Samsung dialer Visual Voicemail, and I never get a pop up notification from the T-Mobile app, i never did on my V20 either

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I have ATT and get voicemail but the visual voicemail has not come up. Am I doing something wrong?

Not sure if ATT charges extra for VISUAL voicemail or not, but if it does, you need to be subscribed to it. Furthermore, since visual voicemail is carrier dependent, if ATT didn't include a 'stock' app then you'll have to use their ATT app directly.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
i actually only get a notification from the Samsung dialer Visual Voicemail, and I never get a pop up notification from the T-Mobile app, i never did on my V20 either

Interesting. I get one for OEM, then about 10 seconds later I get one for T-Mobiles app and that makes the OEM one disappear. Same thing happened on my G6.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. I get one for OEM, then about 10 seconds later I get one for T-Mobiles app and that makes the OEM one disappear. Same thing happened on my G6.

actually now that you mention it, my V20 did do that some times, but it was not consistent, and definitely has not happened on the S8+

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Also my voicemail settings is greyed out.
552848dc0bc87f188136185c7387fba8.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34