I have my Galaxy S8 on hand since the 19th of April, and so far have had a total of 2 issues, one of which being the red tint issue.

There's this other issue that I just stumbled across, and it's bothering the hell out of me. Sometimes I'd notice that the wifi symbol on the status bar would show an exclamation mark and the wifi would suddenly stop working. All I would do is move my phone a couple inches away and it'll start working again. I can't even watch a YouTube video without suddenly "losing" connection and having to move my phone a bit to resume video playback.

I thought this was weird because my past phones has never had a wifi range issue. I decided to further diagnose the issue.

Not only am I not getting a decent connection to the wifi network, the speeds I'm getting off my wifi network are horrendous! I took a comparison against my old phone, the Nexus 6P, and tried MULTIPLE speedtests (on the same server), all with the same kind of results. Extremely slow speeds on the S8 and faster on the 6P. (See Image Below)

So I'm wondering, am I the only one that has this issue, or are there others out there who are experiencing this as well?

Like seriously, what kind of madness is this? HUGE difference..
    (I know 19mbps isn't the slowest but I was actually lucky to achieve that speed, usually it's lower than 10mbps.)

Also, if you look closely at the picture, you can see the wifi symbol in the status bar has the exclamation mark!

Wifi Stability Issues on the S8-dsc01021.jpg
    04-26-2017 09:54 PM
    Have you tried changing the channel on your router? This could be the issue, especially if on 5GHz
    04-26-2017 10:39 PM
    Have you tried changing the channel on your router? This could be the issue, especially if on 5GHz
    Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz gave me the issue. BUT.. I figured it out. On the phone's end, make sure Connections > Wi-Fi > ADVANCED > Hotspot 2.0 is ticked to OFF. It was ticked ON for me, and as soon as I ticked it off, I got 71Mbps down. Luckily it was just a stupid toggle and not some major issue.

Wifi Stability Issues on the S8-screenshot_20170426-210223.jpgWifi Stability Issues on the S8-screenshot_20170426-210214.jpg
    SpookDroid likes this.
    04-26-2017 11:03 PM
    Glad you got it fixed. I was going to say the ! usually means it won't use it (so the speed test would have been LTE or something).
    Jacy Hung likes this.
    04-27-2017 12:17 AM
    Glad you got it fixed. I was going to say the ! usually means it won't use it (so the speed test would have been LTE or something).
    Yup. This.
    04-27-2017 09:03 AM
    Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz gave me the issue. BUT.. I figured it out. On the phone's end, make sure Connections > Wi-Fi > ADVANCED > Hotspot 2.0 is ticked to OFF. It was ticked ON for me, and as soon as I ticked it off, I got 71Mbps down. Luckily it was just a stupid toggle and not some major issue.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170426-210223.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	173.9 KB 
ID:	258371Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20170426-210214.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	139.1 KB 
ID:	258372

More people should be aware of this setting.. IMO it's a security risk for those who value their privacy. Randomly connecting to unknown Wifi's that don't have password protection is never a good idea, and that's basically what it does. I always turn it off.
    04-27-2017 10:31 AM
    I'm having this very issue, however as you can see, I do not have this option. Mine is an S8+ on EE (U.K), if that has anything to do with it. I've also noticed that when this exclamation bar pops up, it seems to also effect my macbook, but the moment I disconnect my phone from the wifi, the internet on my macbook starts to work again.
    I'm fairly sure this isn't a problem with my router as I've never experienced this before on any device.
    I'm really unsure of what to do as this is becoming a very bothering issue.
    Attached Thumbnails Wifi Stability Issues on the S8-screenshot_20170430-161721.jpg  
    04-30-2017 10:24 AM
    Strange I don't seem to have that setting on my UK phone. WiFi is working well.
    Attached Thumbnails Wifi Stability Issues on the S8-505.jpg  
    04-30-2017 11:29 AM
    I'm having this very issue, however as you can see, I do not have this option. Mine is an S8+ on EE (U.K), if that has anything to do with it. I've also noticed that when this exclamation bar pops up, it seems to also effect my macbook, but the moment I disconnect my phone from the wifi, the internet on my macbook starts to work again.
    I'm fairly sure this isn't a problem with my router as I've never experienced this before on any device.
    I'm really unsure of what to do as this is becoming a very bothering issue.
    It might still be a router issue (ish). Some routers seem to have a problem with Samsung radios unless their latest firmware is applied. You can also try changing channels on your network to see if that alleviates the issue.
    04-30-2017 03:30 PM
    After reading this I did a test side by side with my iphone 7plus and S8 and the iPhone constantly had 3-4mbs more down than the S8. I don't have a fast connection, only 30mb down and did not even achieve that on either device but it maybe because my son is on playstation and the router is designed to handle that as priority.
    04-30-2017 03:43 PM
    Just wanted to do a quick update on my issue. So it seems that even after ticking off that box"Hotspot 2.0" to off, the issue still remained.

I simply ignored it and didn't look further into the issue until today. I looked at some of my routers settings and reverted everything that I had configured previously to my default settings, and my S8 is getting great signal from the 2.4GHz wifi network (still not getting a good enough connection on the 5GHz band). Wifi speeds are much better than before.

Looks like my S8 just didn't like how I configured my router.
    05-15-2017 02:38 AM
    I had not changes any settings until I had this issue. The strange thing is that I have an S8 which works fine but my S8+ doesn't.

So not sure the router issue is the answer for me and not Hotspot 2.0 option
    05-18-2017 05:46 AM