Some more dumb questions...

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Sorry for all the questions. I search the phone and the forums but I can never find answers to my queries, my search-fu is terrible. So here I am again this time I compiled a couple of questions to limit all the posts I make.

First thing is, is there a way to get the apps swipe up help thing to not come up on the main screen? It's the help notification that tells you to swipe up to bring up the app icons.

Next up is the weather widget. Is there a widget similar to what the GS5 has? Where there is a picture and it shows a scene of some sort and the current weather condition, like rain or snow.

Thirdly, anyway to change the clock to military time? I was looking through the clock and display settings and could not find anything.

I thought there was a fourth but I can't remember it. Thank you all for all the help with my questions and all. You all are very patient.

blaine07

Trusted Member
Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll answer one... go to settings> Date and time...
8e26ae227fee9ac7982cecb05848777b.jpg

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
...Next up is the weather widget. Is there a widget similar to what the GS5 has? Where there is a picture and it shows a scene of some sort and the current weather condition, like rain or snow.

Whichever weather widget you opt for will be based on the default weather app on your phone, If you go into your S8's app menu, find the weather app icon, start it up, and go into its Settings menu. There should be different options you can alter to customize the app to suit your own needs. Not positive but I 'think' the S5 was using AccuWeather as its default. Anyway, tweak its Settings and see if it fits your needs better.
If the default weather app on your S8 isn't to your liking, start up the Play Store app, do a search for weather apps, and there will be a number of viable options to pick from. There are screen captures for each app so you can click on them to see what their different screens will look like, so go through some of those apps and pick the one you find most suitable. If you do want to use a different weather app (with its corresponding different weather widget), be sure to disable or uninstall the current weather app on your S8, then install the new one and configure it to your liking.

Last edited:

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Whichever weather widget you opt for will be based on the default weather app on your phone, If you go into your S8's app menu, find the weather app icon, start it up, and go into its Settings menu. There should be different options you can alter to customize the app to suit your own needs. Not positive but I 'think' the S5 was using AccuWeather as its default. Anyway, tweak its Settings and see if it fits your needs better.
If the default weather app on your S8 isn't to your liking, start up the Play Store app, do a search for weather apps, and there will be a number of viable options to pick from. There are screen captures for each app so you can click on them to see what their different screens will look like, so go through some of those apps and pick the one you find most suitable. If you do want to use a different weather app (with its corresponding different weather widget), be sure to disable or uninstall the current weather app on your S8, then install the new one and configure it to your liking.

Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol