[S8 touch problem]

A

AC Question

I cannot type in the subject field for some reason.

I got my new S8 yesterday and I'm having major issues using the screen. I have to put a substantial amount of pressure on the screen for it to recognize my touch. This, while very annoying, could be a learned habit. What I cannot do is get the notification bar to pull down. Having to put the pressure and be so accurate with where I'm touching it's nearly impossible to get the thing to display when I slide from the top down.

I am using the suggested Alpha Glass screen protector and an Otterbox Defender case. The case I can't see as interfering, but maybe the screen protector.
Anyone else have this issue?

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I cannot type in the subject field for some reason.

I got my new S8 yesterday and I'm having major issues using the screen. I have to put a substantial amount of pressure on the screen for it to recognize my touch. This, while very annoying, could be a learned habit. What I cannot do is get the notification bar to pull down. Having to put the pressure and be so accurate with where I'm touching it's nearly impossible to get the thing to display when I slide from the top down.

I am using the suggested Alpha Glass screen protector and an Otterbox Defender case. The case I can't see as interfering, but maybe the screen protector.
Anyone else have this issue?

Most of the glass protectors adhere only at the edges and often have gaps in the middle, causing touch issues. Try using a wet application protector.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
It's the screen protector. I have both the Zagg glass curve and Gpel. Both suck. So frustrated. Looking forward to some​ company making a glass protector that actually works.

fuzbuster83

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Same issue with the Alpha glass. One suggestion I found to work is starting to swipe at the speaker, but that will just cause my Alpha Glass to peel off much sooner than normal I'm afraid.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
99.9% sure this is the screen protector. However, I briefly (for like two minutes before I gave it back :) had an exchange phone that had a defective that left the left edge of the screen without touch sensitivity

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Same issues when I used them in my previous phone which was the s7 edge.

I'm now using a Samsung Screen Protector which is more like a Tpu version but does not detract from using the screen like some can.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad Edmund