screen protectors?

Ageeb

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
You'll get a nice assortment of responses falling into 1 of 3 categories that I've found lately.

"Go naked, the phone is gorgeous and gorilla glass is awesome"
'Tempered glass doesn't work (for various reasons), use a vinyl style wet or dry"
"My tempered glass is working just fine"

There is no right or wrong answer, ultimately. Choose what gives you the greatest peace of mind.

That being said, reply with a style you're gravitating towards and members can give you their experiences when applying, using, choosing cases for, etc.

Last edited:

RianeJo

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
Ageeb is correct. I've just spent a good 2 or so hours on here reading everyone's opinions on screen protectors for this phone. I have butterfingers, so a screen protector is a must for me.

I currently have a Gadget Guard tempered glass screen protector on my S8, and have used this type of screen protector for all of my previous phones (all were LGs. This is my first Samsung). However, I am having serious touch-sensitivity issues with this screen protector and this phone, and am looking for other options.

I also believe that Samsung typically has an option to calibrate your phone with a screen protector to your touch after having the screen protector installed, but when I went into my Verizon store a few days ago, we spent about an hour doing research to find that is not yet an option for this phone. I hope they make it one soon.

I will try and find this post again if I get a new screen protector that I don't have issues with. Good luck!

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I put an original Samsung one on today. Fits perfectly, no oil build-up so far, feels like glass. Only put it on though because I'm waiting for the next replacement (still don't have one with a flawless screen - red tint)

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I put an original Samsung one on today. Fits perfectly, no oil build-up so far, feels like glass. Only put it on though because I'm waiting for the next replacement (still don't have one with a flawless screen - red tint)

Samsung makes a screen protector? Where did you find that?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
My zagg glass curved is working fine for me. I've seen a lot of people say it wasn't good, but I've had no problems other than it smudges terribly. I can deal with that though.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
My zagg glass curved is working fine for me. I've seen a lot of people say it wasn't good, but I've had no problems other than it smudges terribly. I can deal with that though.

I have this and yes not perfect. Ugly hour around edges, bad touch sensitivity, lifts on top​ corners with different cases. Just not good so around.

I also have a Gpel that I have put on and it's slightly better. Cleaner looking, not as close it a for, meaning not lifting from a case. But it's still bad touch sensitivity and I can pull it off easily. If I were to drop the phone it would probably pop off.

Still looking for a good tempered glass.

kleeno

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

Plz share the link

Lefty724

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I've given up on glass screen protectors for curved glass screens.

I have tried a ton out there and really like the IQ shield vinyl the best. It's a wet application and takes patience (which I don't have lol), but once on.....it's awesome!

I just put one on my S7E and have since ordered another pack for my S8+.

Edit: Be sure to get the case friendly ones if you use a case.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Plz share the link

I live in Europe guys - don't know if they sell it in North America. It's simply called the Samsung Screen Protector for Galaxy S8 / S8+. People complain that they don't stick to the edges well, but if you put it on the way you're supposed to (e.g. don't push down on the edges before you've removed the cover sheet), it works perfectly fine.

Here's a link to it, although it won't do you much good I suppose :) at least you'll see what it looks like:

https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/produc...8-2piece-mobile-phone-protection-care-6200316

lowboydrvr

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
This seems interesting but several people on Amazon reported that their screens still get scratched. Let us know how it works out for you.

sangs

Trusted Member
May 9, 2015
Visit site
I live in Europe guys - don't know if they sell it in North America. It's simply called the Samsung Screen Protector for Galaxy S8 / S8+. People complain that they don't stick to the edges well, but if you put it on the way you're supposed to (e.g. don't push down on the edges before you've removed the cover sheet), it works perfectly fine.

Here's a link to it, although it won't do you much good I suppose :) at least you'll see what it looks like:

https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/produc...8-2piece-mobile-phone-protection-care-6200316

Thanks man, just found it on eBay. Gonna give it a shot. Appreciate the info.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma