Case friendly tempered glass screen protector for s8 & s8 pluss!!!

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone

I know people was asking for a tempered glass to put on their s8 & s8+ and like the case with the note 7 horrible options. Until now their is a company call olixar that has a tempered glass call the "Olixar Galaxy S8 Plus Case Compatible Glass Screen Protector - Black". I purchase from a company called mobilefun.com they are located in the uk, however they have a US website. You will know if you are on the US website with the US flag at the very top right. I will post a youtube video so your can see how case friendly this tempered glass is. I have this tempered glass on my s8 plus and rocking the liquid crystal case with no issues at all. Enjoy!!

Olixar Galaxy S8 Plus Case Compatible Glass Screen Protector - Black :: MobileFun.com

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone

I know people was asking for a tempered glass to put on their s8 & s8+ and like the case with the note 7 horrible options. Until now their is a company call olixar that has a tempered glass call the "Olixar Galaxy S8 Plus Case Compatible Glass Screen Protector - Black". I purchase from a company called mobilefun.com they are located in the uk, however they have a US website. You will know if you are on the US website with the US flag at the very top right. I will post a youtube video so your can see how case friendly this tempered glass is. I have this tempered glass on my s8 plus and rocking the liquid crystal case with no issues at all. Enjoy!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tc58PzlixKM

Olixar Galaxy S8 Plus Case Compatible Glass Screen Protector - Black :: MobileFun.com

I've seen a video review of this case and I've tried buying one, but they aren't being sold on Amazon so that's a no go.

iceman64

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
No, only on the top, bottom and thin sides. Garbage just like all the others.
Yes, and you sound like you fell of the truck. It is adhesive on both sides not just the top and bottom. I have this tempered glass and I'm not giving an opinion like you are trying to do!!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried this type, but did not like the touch issues and occasional clicking on the display. Ditto for the additional glare.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes, and you sound like you fell of the truck. It is adhesive on both sides not just the top and bottom. I have this tempered glass and I'm not giving an opinion like you are trying to do!!

He did not say just just top and bottom... Even your quote from him says "and thin sides".

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes he did. I want one that has full adhesive throughout. The ones with only edge adhesive isn't great

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately I had the same kind of problems when searching for a Tempered Glass screen for my s7 edge.

They either had adhesive on the sides or on all edges , not the whole part of the protector , and it didn't take much for them to pop off.

With my s8 I've decided to use the official Samsung Clear screen cover and although it's not Glass it's lots better than other variants I've used which too away the pleasure from using the screen. Too plasticky!

The below YouTube Reviewer TechZilla also shows some cases that are compatible with it.

I've put this YouTube video in another post but for those who maybe interested here it is....

I've been also reading some have had success in using the screen protectors that are liquid.

zipro

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Case friendly tempered glass screen protector for s8 & s8 pluss!!!

I had a tempered glass one from amazon.de that didn't influence the touch response at all. Had to take it off when I had to exchange the phone due to the red tint problem. What I'm trying to say is that they're not all bad but it's really hit or miss with them. I currently have the original Samsung policarbonate one installed and really like it. It's much smoother than other plastic ones I tried and has almost zero grease build up, which is the main reason why I normally use tempered glass ones. I also have the Samsung clear case installed and it works perfectly with that protector, as does the Gear VR. The only thing you have to pay attention to is not to push down on the edges when installing before you have removed the covering foil. Otherwise the protector won't stick to the edges. It has a pretty strong adhesive but not that strong :)

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This one fits well but im not sold on its claim that its stronger than tempered glass when its made from a flexible material.
d3237f90d95f3fe80f652e9cd52941f5.jpg

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Case friendly tempered glass screen protector for s8 & s8 pluss!!!

This one fits well but im not sold on its claim that its stronger than tempered glass when its made from a flexible material. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170430/d3237f90d95f3fe80f652e9cd52941f5.jpg

That would be physically impossible. Agreed. Also fairly confident the pronounced edges due to the protector thickness and ambient conditions during use is destined for peeling with this type of display shape.

The install process also seems very specific and prone for install boo boos. I would probably be one of the boo boos.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Case friendly tempered glass screen protector for s8 & s8 pluss!!!

That would be physically impossible. Agreed. Also fairly confident the pronounced edges due to the protector thickness and ambient conditions during use is destined for peeling with this type of display shape.

The install process also seems very specific and prone for install boo boos. I would probably be one of the boo boos.
I installed one and it was perfect except the bottom right corner with a tiny bubble. Went back yesterday to get another one and.....all sold out.

Nubwy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
I just got a Verizon Glass Protector installed and it works great with my Spigen case. No issues with touch but there is a minimal gap but I think it's dependent on the install as to whether it works good. I had a good install so no issues here.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khalio1234