Verizon Galaxy S8 Bixby turning screen on in pocket

Stuarttt

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
Have any of you experienced this as well?

I do have have the "Keep screen turned off" preference enabled at the moment, I've wiped cache+restarted just to make sure there wasn't an issue with it not registering but the problem still persists.

I've tested it out and pushing the power button does what it should be doing when it's in my pocket (i.e. it has a notification that pops up telling you the screen will turn off in x seconds) but Bixby will turn on the screen regardless...

I'm really hesitant to use an app (like Package Disabler Pro) just because I have hopes that Bixby will be worthwhile in the future. If there's no workaround for the screen turning on though, I won't have a choice but to disable it

From: A very displeased customer who texted about 5 people and opened the weather app like 30 times via my pocket this afternoon thanks to Bixby...

(Image showing the pop up screen for pushing power button in pocket)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170429-182005.jpg
    Screenshot_20170429-182005.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 14

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No harm using pdp to disable bixby . You can simply re enable the disabled apps once bixby is updated to work better. Or just uninstalling pdp will re enable all apps that you disabled via pdp

Stuarttt

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
No harm using pdp to disable bixby . You can simply re enable the disabled apps once bixby is updated to work better. Or just uninstalling pdp will re enable all apps that you disabled via pdp

Yeah from what i've read it definitely isn't a bad thing, I was just hoping there'd be a way to avoid having to do it :/ Thanks!

Stuarttt

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I haven't had this issue at all, I rather enjoy bixby(might be the only one haha)

I really enjoy the idea of it, and I'd love to actually use it, but if pushing the dedicated button is going to wake up my screen if I accidentally push it while it's in my pocket, I'll sacrifice it until the issue is fixed :/

G4aol

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I had same issues as you.
I used package disabler pro. Bixby button is now dead.
For the screen pop up I disabled the smart stay option.