An average users take on the gs8+

anon(9918034)

May 19, 2016
Visit site
The last Samsung I used was the note 5, and it was one of my favorite devices. I spent the better part of the last year living in the world of unlocked phones.

I had an HTC 10, axon 7, honor 8, Huawei mate 9, LG v20, a very short 3 day stent with the gs7(eBay seller was a lying ******) iPhone 6s plus

I can say that all around this is my favorite experience in a phone thus far. In my opinion nothing beats what you get for the price of the honor 8. Absolute power house of a phone with a solid great design and UI (I loved emui 4.1) with 5.0 they killed what made it so different and nice and made a basic familar UI.

Having used a variety of phones with very different and similar UI's. I can say that this new touch wiz is very pleasant. Samsung has taken a hard look at what other companies are doing and implementing them into their software with out losing what makes them Samsung. My favorite feature which I used all the time in emui 4.1 was performance profiles that would adjust settings based on what you are doing to achieve max performance. The HTC 10 and axon, had amazing audio experiences. With the addition of the akg it is really nice music experience on the s8+. I actually really like the headphones that came with this phone. They are right up there with my B&O and my Sennheiser momentmem ear buds (for my ears they are, everyone has subtle differences in their hearing capabilities)

I was never a fan of the AMOLED display, I always preferred the LCD displays. Man this screen on this phone is beautiful. I only have it set on fhd+ at the moment. I'm not the biggest fan of the curved display, but it is growing on me little by little. Battery life is up there I get 5-6 hours sot so far.

While I know it's not fully working with all features, bixby is a pleasant experience. Coming from iOS most recently I am use to swiping left to get information. The advantage to bixby is that it seems to just know, if there is someone I am talking to frequently it puts them at the top of the list, my 3 most recent Spotify list are just one touch away from playing. I can't wait for it's compatibility to extend to more apps and services

The messaging app is way improved, I usually just install Textra out the gate but I haven't felt the need to Samsung has included the abity for links is to load a preview in the messaging app, which is my favorite feature from iMessage.

After using a variety of mid-range phones I thought what's the point of paying 800+ for a phone when I can get the same thing for almost half the price. After using this phone I can say, you can't actually get the same thing at all. You can get close and that is getting up I to the 600 range, so you might as well just fork over the extra 200 and get the complete package.

To conclude this is the most all around solid device I have used. Also I love the jealousy of apple fan boys when I take it out of the case and hand it to them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty