Red Tint issue cleared up???

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Maybe I am going crazy or maybe the OLED screen fixed itself or....? I swear the pink tint on the edges has died down a bit. I don't think I did anything to it. It is barely and I mean barely there anymore. I didn't do anything. Is that even possible? The damned thing is, I have an LG G6 being shipped that I bought on Swappa because I was going to return this phone. Ugh. Any ideas if this could have corrected itself? Even the Samsung Rep at Best Buy saw the pink/red tint.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Are you sure that your eyes just haven't adjusted to the tint ?

Hold it side by side to another phone or ask someone else to look st it.

I thought about that and maybe they have. It's still there just not as noticeable. When I look at it directly, it just doesn't seem as bad. I will call Samsung and see if they will replace it, but they told me they would only accept it for return on Friday.

jeffmd

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
I am very interested in finding out if the up coming software fix is a "fix" which means the red tint is a calibration issue.. or if it is a "workaround" for a bad manufacturing process (chemical baths are a *****) and just forces the non red dots to compensate. I don't think it is out yet though, only the DQA app was updated.