iPhone to S8 Switchers

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Yeah and those alternatives suck. Why do you think that Google made Allo and Duo to compete with iMessage and FaceTime?! They both suck! Nothing comes close to touching the Apple Ecosystem, let me know of something on Android that lets you seamlessly copy something from your phone then paste to your laptop or start an email on your tablet then finish it on your phone or have all your conversations synced between devices or answer a phone call on your laptop.

All you Fandroids say we can only make a case using those three arguments but you guys still only have the same argument as well.

If it was so lame why do Samsung and Google try so hard to replicate it but fail miserably?

Well, I'm going to ignore the Fandroid comment...

My whole family (Wife and Daughters) have iPhone, so I try them basically every year, the iPhone 7 Plus I sold last month was used the longest I've had an iPhone, 3 months, so I can tell you that for me, I NEVER got in a situation where I needed to copy something on the phone and then go to my laptop to paste it, so even with the iPhone I didn't need it, BUT, with Samsung's SideSync I can do that and a lot more.

About emails, using just Gmail for them, I can begin creating an email on my phone, then I can open Gmail on my laptop and go to draft and finish it and sending it from there.

About syncing conversations, again, I don't use iMessage or SMS at all, I just hate it, my only use of iMessage is to play some games with my daughters. Like I mentioned before, there is no way I'll let an app or feature to dictate what phone I'll use, if I like ALL the phone but it doesn't have a feature that is exclusive to another platform I simply look for an alternative, in this case, even when I use an iPhone ALL my conversations go through WhatsApp, that as of Jan. 2017 was used by 1.2 billions of users. So, with WhatsApp Web, I can keep using WhatsApp just as if I was on the phone.

About how to answer a phone call on my laptop, just look for my answer above, Samsung SydeSync, it does that and tons of other cool things.

Not to argue, your opinion is your opinion, you just asked for something on Android that does the above and I just answered them.

Frankwhitess24

May 10, 2017
Visit site
Re: iPhone swichers

Like the others I had an iPhone from 4-6s. Just got a galaxy 8+ about a week ago. The only things I miss are imessage, because the rest of the family is on it. And the emojis. I hate the Samsung emojis, but that's not a big deal.

I am having a hard time learning to type again, I was super fast and smooth on the iPhone but it's like a whole different world typing on this thing. I'm trying SwiftKey, hoping it learns how I type to help, but I'm still struggling.

jhnnyblze2000

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I'm coming from the iPhone 7 plus. Used Gboard on that and having the same awesome experience on this. Only thing I miss with the 7 plus is the battery. I have the regular 8 and while it does get good battery life for me and seems to be getting better since I've only had it since Sunday. My 7 plus battery was leaps and bounds better.

Tim-Stevens

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site

Like the others I had an iPhone from 4-6s. Just got a galaxy 8+ about a week ago. The only things I miss are imessage, because the rest of the family is on it. And the emojis. I hate the Samsung emojis, but that's not a big deal.

I am having a hard time learning to type again, I was super fast and smooth on the iPhone but it's like a whole different world typing on this thing. I'm trying SwiftKey, hoping it learns how I type to help, but I'm still struggling.

SWIPE...typing is soooooo 2016 :)

OldSock

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah and those alternatives suck. Why do you think that Google made Allo and Duo to compete with iMessage and FaceTime?! They both suck! Nothing comes close to touching the Apple Ecosystem, let me know of something on Android that lets you seamlessly copy something from your phone then paste to your laptop or start an email on your tablet then finish it on your phone or have all your conversations synced between devices or answer a phone call on your laptop.

All you Fandroids say we can only make a case using those three arguments but you guys still only have the same argument as well.

If it was so lame why do Samsung and Google try so hard to replicate it but fail miserably?
Umm, Pushbullet can do that stuff.

Bertolus

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Whilst you sit throwing stones at others from your superior tech tower you best be aware it's crumbling...apple have lost their innovation, I think the iPhone 8 from the renders and leaks still looks dates in comparison to the s8.

The leaks of the iPhone 8 look like a much better design than the S8. The edged borders of the S8 have virtually no functional benefit. On the contrary they show ugly color effects and are the reason why the content on the flat part of the screen is more condensed than necessary. Also the fingerprint sensor on the back is sooo awkward design wise. I'm pretty sure, Apple will come up with a better solution. Also the S8 brings no innovation other than the screen to body ratio. Everything else has been part of the S7. The S8 even doesn't sport a up to date dual cam. In fall many people will be switching from the S8 to the new iPhone.

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

That's exactly why I'd never have a crApple phone...I have all my photos, documents, backups, music, videos etc on a 128Gb memory card! No iPhones or Google Pixel for me, EVER! I do have everything backed up to the Verizon cloud (150 gb) but I prefer to also have everything backed up on a memory card that is in my possession and not reliant on a network or some server somewhere! Too many people put way too much faith in online backups that you don't even have any idea where it is.

I have much more faith in online storage than a memory card that could falter at any moment. I realize you are utilizing both, which is smart. But if I had to choose, I am going with the cloud.

May 8, 2017
Visit site
I've had a history of bouncing back and forth between iPhone and Android. In the old days it was HTC, LG, or Samsung but lately I've been really eyeballing the new Samsung phones and finally dumped Apple again for Android. I'm absolutely loving my decision as my S8+ is buttery smooth, fast, and I love the ability to customize my phone again. Not to mention the fact that I can use the beautiful wireless charging pad I made

iSpaceJam

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
I switched to the s8 as my main device and have the 7 plus still as somewhat of an iPod touch or a back up if anything goes wrong. So far I am very happy with it, the only downer is the ecosystem as I've been with apple since the iPhone 4. Just a few little things to get used to or used to not having anymore but it's not a huge deal.

Soggly

May 31, 2013
Visit site
The leaks of the iPhone 8 look like a much better design than the S8. The edged borders of the S8 have virtually no functional benefit. On the contrary they show ugly color effects and are the reason why the content on the flat part of the screen is more condensed than necessary. Also the fingerprint sensor on the back is sooo awkward design wise. I'm pretty sure, Apple will come up with a better solution. Also the S8 brings no innovation other than the screen to body ratio. Everything else has been part of the S7. The S8 even doesn't sport a up to date dual cam. In fall many people will be switching from the S8 to the new iPhone.

Highly doubtful lol

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I have switched back and forth between an iPhone and Android for the last year and currently have an IP7+ and the S8+, I am using the S8+ and the IP is in the draw for now.

The truth is I miss something from each when I am using the other. I'd echo what the others have said in iMessage and Facetime, I also miss the general app slickness and dual lens camera and sensibly placed finger print sensor. Battery life is also better on the iPhone for sure. I love the look and feel of the S8+ but also still really like the feel of the 7+ in the hand and do prefer the metal back to glass tbh.

When I have switched back to using the iPhone though there are lots of things I miss from Android too.

Dude. Same.

I often switch too. Third party apps are overall better on iOS but sometimes have more features on Android. I miss imessage, FaceTime and find my friends when I'm on Android.

On Android I like the customization and how apps are less restricted. I also love that I can do simple things like access files and set ringtones without iTunes. Plus wireless charging and fast charging on the s8 are amazing. I also love the 2k amoled screen, edge screen and always on display.

Having both is nice but the switching sucks.

Vipmediastar

Apr 11, 2017
Visit site
The google feature to find your contacts, location sharing similar to find my friends doesn't fully work for me. Sometimes the contacts are unavailable or 20 miles in the wrong location.
does anyone use another app for this function?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
The google feature to find your contacts, location sharing similar to find my friends doesn't fully work for me. Sometimes the contacts are unavailable or 20 miles in the wrong location.
does anyone use another app for this function?

Yes, it has been very buggy or inconsistent since it was released, so as of now it can't be called a FindMyFreinds replacement, let's just hope that it's like this because it was just the initial release stage, and I do think it will get better as it was advertised as being a Real Time location sharing and so far it isn't and not even close to be a reliable tool.

About another third party app solution, yes, there are some of them that are very good and are working for years now, even cross platforms, the only inconvenience on this apps is just having to install yet another app with another service running on the background, at least Google Maps is already installed and the Google services are in most cases running all the time already.

msyk5645

May 2, 2015
Visit site
I got my S8+ on May 5th after over 6 years with iPhones. Past Samsung phones I've used (S3, Note 2, Note 4) were horrible laggy messes and I went back to iPhone in less than a month.

But, the S8+ is without a doubt the greatest phone I have ever used. It's snappy, has a beautiful display, and has better battery life (at the least equal battery life) than the iPhone 6S Plus I had right before. I can honestly say that I'm happier with my phone than I've been in a long time.