Video playback app

A

AC Question

Hi All,

I switched to the S8+ from ios because of the screen as I tend to consume most of my tv shows on the move. Does anyone have an app suggestion that will utilise the full screen while also including the necessary codecs?

This is a bit of a deal breaker for me, was disappointed to see VLC has the boarders.
If there isn't an app available, what are the chances of VLC or another app updating to utilise the full screen?

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
MX player. great controls and lots of codecs to download. And you can zoom.

The borders might be unavoidable. The video has to be specific to the screen ratio or it will either stretch or crop, like watching an old movie on a widescreen.

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm also jumping on the MX Player bandwagon. I've been using both MX Player and VLC, both being very, very capable multimedia player apps. Both handle a wide range of media file formats and both have nice user-friendly interfaces.
But I think MX Player has a more polished Settings menu with lots of ways to customize video and audio playback. If you want to dig into a media app's menus and sub-menus to optimize its functionality than MX Player is a good option. If you're typically happy with just using a media app's default settings, either one will be a good choice. One aspect that's a plus for VLC is it's ad-free, while the free version of MX Player is it is kind of heavy on it's ad usage (with the 6$ pay-for version being ad-free).