Galaxy S8+ skipping Lock Screen

A

AC Question

I have a S8+ and currently have no pin or passwords. Whenever I get any sort of notification it unlocks the phone, skipping the swipe lock screen. This also occurs when I just want to unlock my phone. When I am on the always on display and hit the "on" button it just unlocks my phone and skips the swipe unlock screen. Any advice?

uncreativeartist

Trusted Member
Apr 25, 2017
Visit site
Try going to Lock Screen And Security>Screen Lock Type>Select Swipe for Swipe lock or select one of the other security settings. You may have None selected which would mean no lock screen.

mpshah

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if this is the right thread but I'm new to Android so needed your help.

I can't seem to unlock the device with the iris, face scanner and it always asks me for the pin due to some security policy. Does anyone know how to turn this policy off?
df38e2d15083aebed613695f83c72f31.jpg

Ev C

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a S8+ and currently have no pin or passwords. Whenever I get any sort of notification it unlocks the phone, skipping the swipe lock screen. This also occurs when I just want to unlock my phone. When I am on the always on display and hit the "on" button it just unlocks my phone and skips the swipe unlock screen. Any advice?

Believe it or not this is under Navigation bar settings.
Go to Display> Navigation Bar >Unlock with Home Button and make sure the last part is off.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Although it says swipe unlock it still skips the swipe lock screen.
How are you locking the screen? Are you using Nova or TouchWiz?

I use Nova and do the gesture double knock to lock the screen and I would get that message to. If on Nova, there is a setting in Nova settings at the bottom in advanced for screen lock method, you want to select the screen timeout option.

Does it do it when you let the screen lock on it's own? Just thought I would throw this out there for Nova users, it drove me crazy when this was happening to me until I found the fix for Nova. For me it only did it when I locked the screen with the gesture double knock, so this night both be your issue, but never know. Good luck

Aaron Mathews

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site

Yeah I'm having the same problem. I have a pin and facial unlock. When I get a new notification and I turn the screen on (with the power button or the home button) my phone skips the lock screen and goes straight to the prompt to unlock. When I press the back button, often times the notification is gone as if i dismissed it. I'm not sure what the problem is. Hopefully the new update with Oreo fixes this.