Galaxy S8 keyboard

A

AC Question

The S8 keyboard in the abc mode has two commas and no period. At the end of each sentence, I have to switch to !#* mode for the period. Why is that? Is there a good alternative keyboard?

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
The S8 keyboard in the abc mode has two commas and no period. At the end of each sentence, I have to switch to !#* mode for the period. Why is that? Is there a good alternative keyboard?

Mine is still stock & the comma is on the left side of the space key & period on the right.

As mentioned above, you can try Swift key or G-board via play store.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

There should be a setting to insert a period by hitting space bar 2 times. SwiftKey is what I switched to because the Samsung keyboard was never learning my vocabulary.

edubb256

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Mine has a period to the right of the spacebar. Don't know why yours doesn't. I know the first OS update fixed an issue with the custom symbols layout. Perhaps that update was not applied to your phone? As far as alternatives, while I prefer the stock keyboard, I also like GBoard a lot.

NeoTreo

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Gboard works best for my slow and clumsy finger.
And yes, I text with one finger like a Palm physical keyboard Primate.

fe72849159df36e84a24b42c8f1db56a.jpg

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane