Sprint Galaxy S8 2 Issues I'm Having

louie2701

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
1. On my Note 5, I had a progress bar that would be displayed on my pulldown status bar whenever I was downloading something ,whether it was a Play Store game or a Youtube video or some other download. It is a hit or miss with my S8 +. Sometimes it will be displayed, sometimes not. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

2. I'm having issues downloading themes or wallpapers from the Samsung Theme Store. I tap the download button and nothing happens at all no matter how many times I try. This was not always the case, my first few days with the device I had no problems downloading wallpapers or themes.

3. Any ideas? Thanks to all in advance.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
1. On my Note 5, I had a progress bar that would be displayed on my pulldown status bar whenever I was downloading something ,whether it was a Play Store game or a Youtube video or some other download. It is a hit or miss with my S8 +. Sometimes it will be displayed, sometimes not. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

2. I'm having issues downloading themes or wallpapers from the Samsung Theme Store. I tap the download button and nothing happens at all no matter how many times I try. This was not always the case, my first few days with the device I had no problems downloading wallpapers or themes.

3. Any ideas? Thanks to all in advance.

I think that your Number 1 was the Download Booster option, you should see it on Settings-Connections-More Connection Settings.

For Number 2, I'd set back the default wallpaper and theme and then just go to Settings-Apps, hit the 3 dots at the top right and change to Show System Apps and look for Samsung Themes and clear cache first, if not go back and clear cache and data. I can see that there is another app that is simply called Themes, you may try that one too. But sometimes I've seen this behavior when there is also a problem with the Samsung Account needed to download themes, you can try checking that too.

louie2701

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I found the answer to my second issue. I had a setting on in "Accessibility" that said "show button shapes". Once I turned that off, I was able to download the themes and wallpaper. But I followed the instructions above for my first issue but there is no "Download booster" for the Sprint S8 anywhere.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I found the answer to my second issue. I had a setting on in "Accessibility" that said "show button shapes". Once I turned that off, I was able to download the themes and wallpaper. But I followed the instructions above for my first issue but there is no "Download booster" for the Sprint S8 anywhere.

There's no Download Booster in Connections for my ATT S8 either.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol