Back and Forth with G6 and S8

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
All right. I had the G6 at launch
Then, I got lured into the S8, but it had the red tint issue. I set up a return of the S8 and I got another G6 in the interim and said " I love this phone, but I want to give the S8 a try". So, I sold the G6 on Swappa and returned the S8 to the Samsung online store after going to the VZW store and getting one without the tint issue. Now, I'm sniffing around the G6 again. The S8 seems too..... Busy? The curves are nice, but it's delicate, I like Samsung Pay, but the G6 is apparently coming out with LG Pay this summer, it has a great screen but I like the screen of the G6 as well. It's not as harsh. Finally, I can get a G6 for about $200 less and I think it's comparable to the S8 in a lot of ways. Am I crazy or should I stick it out with the S8. I am also a frequent switcher but not between the same phones like this. If I return this S8, I won't go back. Can't justify it.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
At the end of the day, bells and whistles aside, they're both top of the line phones. Just get one and go with it. If you're like me, you'll be back in the market with one of the fall flagships anyway. lol

stmax

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Back a couple years ago I did the same thing between the LG G4 and the Samsung S6. I thought the same thing about the Samsung being busy and got the G4.

BUT what happened for me is I got bored with the G4 and then looked with envy at the Samsung phones. Crazy.

robertopod1968

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't count on LG pay coming anytime soon. It might but even then it'll probably be awhile before banks start getting on board with it. It took Samsung pay awhile to get banks on board.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I came from a G6 before the s8 plus. I didn't like the G6. I wish the screen was a little brighter. I also think the battery life was horrible. Low light photos were horrible. And to me, the back glass scratches way easier on the G6.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I came from a G6 before the s8 plus. I didn't like the G6. I wish the screen was a little brighter. I also think the battery life was horrible. Low light photos were horrible. And to me, the back glass scratches way easier on the G6.

Using the G6 since 12 days no issues at all infact I have dual sim phone and both Sims active I get around 2 days battery life with around 5 to 6 hrs SOT...

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I wouldn't count on LG pay coming anytime soon. It might but even then it'll probably be awhile before banks start getting on board with it. It took Samsung pay awhile to get banks on board.
Is LG pay supposed to work as Samsung does, where it will work anywhere a card slides? I love Samsung pay-only place I've had trouble with it was at a car wash self pay -chincy little slider.

Mar 8, 2017
Visit site
Is LG pay supposed to work as Samsung does, where it will work anywhere a card slides? I love Samsung pay-only place I've had trouble with it was at a car wash self pay -chincy little slider.

From what I've read, LG Pay is supposed to work like Samsung pay using MST technology, where you can use it with the Non NFC swipe card registers

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't matter which phone you settle on you'll always miss something from the other. I switched from the s8 Plus to the G6 last week and I love it. Only things I miss from the Galaxy is the camera in lowlight and One Handed Mode as they're both tall phones. Oh and wireless charging as I'm in the UK but you won't have that issue across the pond. The G6 is an awesome looking phone but the s8 is on another level looks wise.

It's maybe a case of this in the pic lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-05-10-11-37-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2017-05-10-11-37-53.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 65

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37